What are some of the Highest Quality CS2 Games?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Define "HIGHEST QUALITY"

• So... much... quicker. I can't even tell you. It was terrible having to abandon all the work I did on the CC version, but how much better both C2 is and I am at using it has made it worth it, as progress way faster than the first version and it's so much smoother working on it. Most of the game hasn't been this quick, but recently I coded something in two hours that originally took me a month. o_O

Currently the battle system is up and working, most of the abilities have been implemented, got the town and npcs talking, cinema scenes working... I'm not quite at the point of all the rest of the work being content yet (which is still a whole lot of work), but it's getting relatively close to that.

Considering what a crawl it was working on the CC version, I'm actually wondering if it will be faster this way to have restarted from scratch than it would have been to finish the CC version.

• Stomphoof Very possible, that's all about the art. Though you'd want to break terrain down into tiles (I'm sure they'll do this too as this is just a prototype).

• Why would you want to break it into tiles? Then you couldn't do as much unique graphics.

• Why would you want to break it into tiles? Then you couldn't do as much unique graphics.

Indeed. I am curious as well!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fun Question: Could Construct2 do something like this?

http://cryamore.com/btest/Buildtest/Test.html

As long as you have a good artist - yes. The test is nothing else, but 8-direction movement with few solids. You could create the same test (as long as you have the art) in 10-15min in C2!

• > Fun Question: Could Construct2 do something like this?

>

> cryamore.com/btest/Buildtest/Test.html

As long as you have a good graphics - yes. The test is nothing else, but 8-direction movement with few solids. You could create the same test (as long as you have the art) in 10-15min in C2!

I figured as much from looking at it.

I happen to be backing that game on Kickstarter haha.

My wife intends to do art for my game, once I am ready to do it.

• I'm working on a Metroidvania myself, actually. Definitely possible but you might want to look into AJAX, project files, tmx. importer, and dictionaries. I think there are some "Metroidvania" examples around here but they use individual layouts for each room/area which won't get you very far in the long run.

Why is that? Asset overload? Just curious. I'm making not a full-blown Metroidvania, more like a Flashback/Another World thing, but tech-wise they're pretty similar.

• UberLou ErekT

-Really long save/load/preview times since all layouts, backgrounds, tilesets, etc. are internal.

-Won't be able to have team members build levels unless you buy a C2 license for each one and use SVN or something.

-Each layout has its own layers & properties so unless you duplicate levels & erase everything to start fresh or make a template of sorts you might spend a lot of time setting these up.

-Will have to rebuild all your levels if you decide to switch to another game maker.

-You'll probably have to - in every layout - place a trigger at each door telling it which layout to go to next and which door to create your player at. You'll also have to save your player's variables between rooms if you want the transitions to be convincing. It's difficult but that can be completely avoided using your own editor by loading a whole area at once but creating/destroying rooms individually.

-Can't use tiles.

It's just bad news. Back when I used MMF I tried making a 'vania using a frame for each individual room and it was a mess. It's certainly more feasible in CC/C2 but I wouldn't recommend it unless the game was really small.. Like A Mini Falafel Adventure or something.

• I think using a level editor saves a lot of trouble when you're making a serious game. I like keeping my game in 1 layout, and have another layout for the menus, with a 3rd layout for sprite storage (so I'm only creating the graphics per level to reduce vram.)

• Thanks for that :) Some very good points. I guess it's time to check out Ajax and tme/tmx.

• Because if you don't have tiles you'll have giant images used in multiple layouts, all eating VRAM and taking an age to load.

Bastion uses tiles - it's pretty standard for these types of games.

• Tokinsom - Every system has it's positives and negatives. I've had almost none of those problems. Sure if i change game creators I'll have to start from scratch, but then that's just bad research. I won't go and dissect every point, but I made my game in a very short amount of time and the world is pretty big with lots of graphics. I think it's more of a workflow preference.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)