What are all the event conditions that uses FAKE Triggers?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Game Triggers is as versatile as a Swiss army knife, and will be a great resource for any type of game you're creating.
  • After reading some performance tips, I learned about these fake triggers. I'd like to know all of the event trigger conditions that are FAKE. While we're on it, I'd also like to know the REAL trigger events.

Thanks in advance!

• Do you mean inverted? (events with an X next to them?) That just means to only trigger in the opposite case (eg: if myVariable = 1 when inverted becomes the same as "If myVariable is not 1"). You can right-click an event and invert it.

• Do you mean inverted? (events with an X next to them?) That just means to only trigger in the opposite case (eg: if myVariable = 1 when inverted becomes the same as "If myVariable is not 1"). You can right-click an event and invert it.

Not the inverted condition.

There is a 3rd type of event, which is the FAKE triggers.

See: scirra [.] com /tutorials/598/optimization-and-tle-top-level-events/page-2

'->On Collision' is a fake trigger for example.

See: scirra [.] com/forum/better-to-use-collision-or-overlap_p575390?#p575390

Ashley I think this matter is crucial to know specially for mobile performance even if it's just a fraction. This might alter/rework current worksheets for those who want to deal with false triggers and want more optimization, which is not a worry to those who are willing. Simply retain or improve. It's good to know, it's already in the tutorial, it just needs more exposure. A dedicated advance article or a mention in a more technical section of the manual will be nice.

I still have a lot of speculations about this, I'll just save it for now. I'd like to know your thoughts.

Edit: I can't post links yet, need 300 rep. I apologize.

Edit+: Grammar.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah I see, didn't know that ,thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)