WebStorage VS Local Storage

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • matrixreal

to save into LocalStorage use action >>> LocalStorage Set item "yourname" to Array.AsJSON

to load from it:

• on start of layout >>> LocalStorage check item "yourname" exist (***important to check storage first)
    • LocalStorage On item "yourname" exist >>> Array load from Json string LocalStorage.ItemValue
  • matrixreal

to save into LocalStorage use action >>> LocalStorage Set item "yourname" to Array.AsJSON

to load from it:

- on start of layout >>> LocalStorage check item "yourname" exist (***important to check storage first)

- LocalStorage On item "yourname" exist >>> Array load from Json string LocalStorage.ItemValue

thanks a lot thats perfect i don't see any huge difference bt if ashley say that is better than webstorage so i will use localsorage

and you know the difference between synchronised and asynchronised save ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is there a place in the manual or forums that gives a descriptions and shows the full use of Local Storage? I remember reading the release notes of how it was replacing WebStorage, but I still see WebStorage in the manual with no mention of Local Storage? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

• CDogs1964 I believe that the manual will be updated whit the next stable release

• Deleted - posted in wrong place

• oldandgrey Send me PM with the link of the .capx

I will share it here

• Thanks Iolva appreciate the offer. Thought I had managed to get the link posted but unfortunately not. It would also seem that I cannot send any pm's either. Think I will just revert to lurking lol.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)