Version code number of apk won't change with Crosswalk

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Hello,

I was wondering if anybody else had this same issue, if I'm just doing something silly. I exported my game for Android and built my apk using crosswalk. For the first build, it worked fine with no issues. I just did some updates and went to re-release it, but Google Play told me "Your APK's version code needs to be higher than 20019." In the original build, I was fairly certain that I didn't set the version to 20019, but whatever. I set the version number to 20020 in the Details of the build then built the APK. When I tried to upload it, I got the same error again: "Your APK's version code needs to be higher than 20019." Is anyone else out there having this issue, or does somebody know how I can fix it?

• On the main crosswalk thread IntelRobert mentioned this I believe, you need to email them and they will update it for you. Check the main post I forget where it is mentioned.

• I don't see it there, though I may just be overlooking it. Would you happen to know the email address of, or know who I need to email?

• Here you go... and yes, I had to read through the first 30 pages to find it....

» Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

I'll ask for the ability to set the version code. We just use a counter and increment each time. A quick fix would be to set email to and ask them to change it for your app. Afterwards it will increment with each build.

• XDK lets you set version name, but not version code. If version code isn't being automatically incremented after very build, there is a bug. I will check on it. You might want to try building again.

• IntelRobert - I just encountered the same "version code" error when trying to update my game's APK in my Google Play Developer page. I emailed for help.

• : I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. If you have android sdk installed, you can use the aapt utility to inspect the version code. Here is the result of building twice:

rscohn1@RSCOHN1-MOBL ~/Downloads
    $ aapt dump badging mutemusic.android.crosswalk.arm.20140313184926.apk | grep version
    package: name='com.rcintel.mutemusic' versionCode='20012' versionName='1.0'

rscohn1xuu@RSCOHN1-MOBL ~/Downloads
    $ aapt dump badging mutemusic.android.crosswalk.arm.20140313194529.apk | grep version
    package: name='com.rcintel.mutemusic' versionCode='20013' versionName='1.0'[/code:1wo6z0a7]

rscohn1xuu@RSCOHN1-MOBL ~/Downloads
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • : I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. If you have android sdk installed, you can use the aapt utility to inspect the version code. Here is the result of building twice:

$ aapt dump badging mutemusic.android.crosswalk.arm.20140313184926.apk | grep version
    package: name='com.rcintel.mutemusic' versionCode='20012' versionName='1.0'

$ aapt dump badging mutemusic.android.crosswalk.arm.20140313194529.apk | grep version
    package: name='com.rcintel.mutemusic' versionCode='20013' versionName='1.0'[/code:1tezluij]

Would the problem be caused by building the APK on two separate computers?

• IntelRobert - okay, so I used the aapt tool. The APK I uploaded to Google Play was version 20016. When I built a new APK on my 2nd computer, the version number was only 20010. So, right now, I am doing 7 builds in quick succession to get the version code to be 20017 to see if that works.

***Edit*** Okay, yes, I can confirm that my 7 quick builds in a row got the version code number high enough to be accepted.

In case anyone wants to check their version code using the "aapt" tool, the correct syntax in Windows command prompt:

aapt d badging your_app_name.apk

• IntelRobert

There is a strange bug in the last update, I rebuilt my Ninja Legacy game with the new fixed audio, and the prior version code went from 12 to 20400 or therebouts, no joke. I only found when i uploaded into GPlay.

• We changed the version code to make it possible for people to publish both arm & X86 APK's to the store. You can read more about it here.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2012/11/12/how-to-publish-your-apps-on-google-play-for-x86-based-android-devices-using

• I think that it does have to do with building it on seperate computers. Though I used the same Intel project (I keep it in dropbox), it resets every time I build from a new computer. This makes sense and explains the issues I was having.

• For anyone finding this thread looking how to update Version Code, check this thread:

It's hiding in plain sight.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)