Uploading to game site

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of vector game assets contains ground tiles and several objects, used for creating platformer games
  • What flash gaming sites ( if any ) can you upload htlm5 games to?

• I don't think any of them support HTML5 yet. I got in touch with Kongregate and they told me they were working on it for the future, but the browser support isn't quite comparable to Flash yet so they hadn't made it a high priority. Probably just a matter of time before they do though.

• It's weird they would say that, since the latest official browser version statistics show that 73.86% of users are now HTML5 capable.

I guess they are as "mandatorily stupid" as the corporate high horses that want 80 year old ladies using Windows 98 to view their Ferrari website, just in case they want to buy a Ferrari.

Oh well, they will come on-board soon enough!

~Sol

• It's weird they would say that, since the latest official browser version statistics show that 73.86% of users are now HTML5 capable.

The thing is, that number is probably for all HTML5 technologies, which includes a lot of unrelated web-page features that doesn't really apply to Classic. For good Construct 2 support I would only really count browsers with hardware accelerated canvases, which stands at about 50% of the web right now. Still, it's only a matter of time - basically we just have to wait for IE8 to die then we're sorted.

• Still, it's only a matter of time - basically we just have to wait for IE8 to die then we're sorted.

Considering there are still countries dependant on IE6, that might take a while ^^

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I thought Kongregate actually had support for HTML5 gaming... hmm, oh well. If they end up supporting it, An API for kongregate within C2 would be amazing (almost as good as your phonegap integration ;) )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)