Unhandled exception error in Visual Studio 2012 vi

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • My Construct2 apps are giving me errors after I port them to VS2012, and create app packages.

None of my apps pass the Wind 8 preliminary tests, and this was not the case a week ago.

Any ideas on what this error could be?

This is the error..

<font color=red>

'WWAHost.exe' (Script): Loaded 'Script Code (MSAppHost/1.0)'.

Exception was thrown at line 3, column 24970 in ms-appx://13023myappdevname.myappname/jquery-1.7.1.min.js

0x800a139e - JavaScript runtime error: SyntaxError

The program '[3140> WWAHost.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

• Forgot to mention..this error code happens in Visual Studio 2012, but it is a result of Construct 2 games.

• Are you using any third party plugins? If not, sharing your .capx would help us resolve this.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am not using any third party plugins.

Here is my .capx file....

ge.tt/1U7Fk0a/v/0

I tested out the default Space Blaster game to see if I would encounter the problem with it, and I did encounter the problem.

I still haven't found an answer.

However, I think the problem arises when I try to use the touch feature along with the mouse to control the player sprite movement and the left-click button to fire.

I don't define a mouse object when I use touch, so I am using the mouse without it being defined, and I am clicking on the left-mouse button to fire without it being defined, too.

This is really a bad programming practice, and I don't know why I didn't think about this earlier.

I'm going to try to bypass this problem by only using the mouse to control the sprite, but not use it also for firing bullet sprites, and I'm going to explicitly define a mouse object, too.

I really think this is the reason I am getting this error, but I will look into it further today when I return from school.

There might be a problem with the touch automatically detecting mouse activity or something.

Thank you for responding to me.

• This problem went away after separating the functions away from the mouse. So now I only use the mouse to control player objects, and I only use the keyboard to shoot.

I'm going to see if my solution is valid by testing it out with a default construct2 game such as Space Shooter, and then I'm going to make one of my own for verification purposes.

Thank you.

• Ive got the same error with one of my creation using 132

'WWAHost.exe' (Script): Loaded 'Script Code (MSAppHost/1.0)'.

Exception was thrown at line 4, column 12067 in ms-appx://55a59d10-7177-49bc-aa59-cf58638e6674/jquery-2.0.0.min.js

Exception was thrown at line 4, column 12277 in ms-appx://55a59d10-7177-49bc-aa59-cf58638e6674/jquery-2.0.0.min.js

Ive got no idea whats the issue. Works ok with another program I have created.

Did you ever find a solution the error??

• Share a .capx if you want us to help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)