UI data stored in .caproj instead in .uistate file issue

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Not sure whether to post this in bugs section, because it's not a bug per se.

I use git for development and sometimes when i merge two branches of my project, and in one branch a folder is open (expanded) in one is closed, i get conflicts because of the following lines in a .caproj files:

branch A):

<layout-folder expanded="1">
    [/code:3ckatjze]

branch B) : 
    [code:3ckatjze]<layout-folder expanded="0">
    [/code:3ckatjze]

Shouldn't this data be stored in a .uistate file, which i can choose to ignore in .gitignore?

This isn't a git problem, and there are workarounds, but i was just wondering isn't this kind of data exactly why a .uistate file exists. Good explanation is right in the .uistate file:

[code:3ckatjze] <!--This is a UI state file - its content describes the user interface settings when the project was last open.
    It is entirely optional and the project will load without it.  If you are placing the project under source control,
    you probably do not want to add any .uistate.xml files to the repository.-->[/code:3ckatjze]

I believe that storing UI data in .caproj file is bad design for any source control and would like to see it go away to the .uistate file where it belongs.

Ashley [/p] [/p] Is it possible to move this info in .uistate file? Should i file a bug report?[/p] [/p] [/p] p.s. I've uploaded a zip containing two empty projects, one with layout folder expanded and other closed if it makes easier to notice the difference in the .caproj file.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Same thing goes to the is an event group collapsed or not:

<event-group collapsed="1" description="" sid="6137878066224269" title="Group"> [/code:1bh90b8u]
  • JohnnySheffield +1 I'm also having merge issues sometimes because of this, and I'd like it to be stored in the uistate.xml file

.gitignore sample for Construct2: (a bit off topic)

# OS generated files #
    ######################
    .DS_Store
    .DS_Store?
    ._*
    .Spotlight-V100
    .Trashes
    ehthumbs.db
    Thumbs.db

# Construct2 generated files #
    ##############################
    *.uistate.xml
    *.backup*
    *.autosave
    [/code:146djey4]
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)