0 Favourites

Two Node-webkit problems still on v.168 [Temp Freeze fix!]

• Ashley Did some further testing and hope you can respond to this problem, if there are plans to fix this and what can I do to fix this?

Did some further testing and it didnt matter what I changed it still happened. So I made a new clean project and didnt change any settings.

The project has two sprites and only one event. Once the sprite with a player behaviour makes collision with the floor sprite it jumps and plays a sound. As simple as that.

You can see the result here: youtu.be/i635UHoviMk

At 1:19 it freezes up till 1:46. Then it continues playing again. This is a huge problem with the node-webkit exporter and if there is no alternative way to make an proper executable for windows then heck what can I do now?

I'm thinking, do you have any programs running in the background? If so, could you do a test with all closed?

• I will do another test with less programs running. But I have been testing this morning with my current pc and also with a surface tablet that doesnt run alot of programs at the moment. Both have this problem.

Friday with another test on someone elses machine that had a clean windows install also showed this exact problem.

If it's happing on each windows (7 and 8) machine that I play the game on then that doesnt bode well.

• scaffa it's great to hear that you can reproduce it in a small project, should be a lot easier for Ashley or even Chrome to have a look at.

• I will do another test with less programs running. But I have been testing this morning with my current pc and also with a surface tablet that doesnt run alot of programs at the moment. Both have this problem.

Friday with another test on someone elses machine that had a clean windows install also showed this exact problem.

If it's happing on each windows (7 and 8) machine that I play the game on then that doesnt bode well.

I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

• I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

I spoke with someone else and he also mentioned he didnt have any problems with the node-webkit export. So maybe something goes wrong during the export? I have no clue.

I uploaded the files to MEGA but I cant post a link here so I will send a pm if that is possible. Attacked the capx for the jumping box project right here. Testing this problem is kinda yeah not fun since it can take a while to happen if you are 'unlucky'.

edit: Seems I cant send pm's at the moment and add links due to low reputation.

[attachment=0:1yfqkuo5][/attachment:1yfqkuo5]

• >

> I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

>

I spoke with someone else and he also mentioned he didnt have any problems with the node-webkit export. So maybe something goes wrong during the export? I have no clue.

I uploaded the files to MEGA but I cant post a link here so I will send a pm if that is possible. Attacked the capx for the jumping box project right here. Testing this problem is kinda yeah not fun since it can take a while to happen if you are 'unlucky'.

edit: Seems I cant send pm's at the moment and add links due to low reputation.

[attachment=0:morfmucp][/attachment:morfmucp]

There's the attachment Running it now

• >

> >

> > I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

> >

>

> I spoke with someone else and he also mentioned he didnt have any problems with the node-webkit export. So maybe something goes wrong during the export? I have no clue.

>

> I uploaded the files to MEGA but I cant post a link here so I will send a pm if that is possible. Attacked the capx for the jumping box project right here. Testing this problem is kinda yeah not fun since it can take a while to happen if you are 'unlucky'.

>

> edit: Seems I cant send pm's at the moment and add links due to low reputation.

>

> [attachment=0:aoujq8hc][/attachment:aoujq8hc]

>

There's the attachment Running it now

Edit Clean so far. Hmm, trying to remember what did I do to get rid of those freezes long time ago. Might have been one of the following: gpu drivers, dXdrivers, .net framework, or something was running in the background ( music or graphic software )

• Thanks for helping out, appreciate it. I had that project running for about 25 minutes and then it happened. And after that it happened again after only 5 min. The randomness of it is nuts. For awhile I thought it didnt happen on my main machine but I only played in short bursts so never saw it happen :\

I turned down most of the software running, even went as far as disabling my internet. No positive result and still freezes.

• scaffa

Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

• Running it for almost 2h now and no problem yet.

• scaffa

Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

I was unaware you could do a node-preview, thanks for mentioning that. I have been running the node- preview for an hour now with my actual game project and had zero freezes so far. Will keep it running for a bit longer.

One step closer to the problem.. So maybe it's a problem that occurs during the export proces with the windows version?

Since my experience so far is that the mac version works without problems. And now the node- preview works without problems. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to retrieve that node-preview version somehow? Is it located somewhere temporary?

megatronx Again thanks for your help and good to hear you are not experiencing the problem.

• > scaffa

>

> Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

>

I was unaware you could do a node-preview, thanks for mentioning that. I have been running the node- preview for an hour now with my actual game project and had zero freezes so far. Will keep it running for a bit longer.

One step closer to the problem.. So maybe it's a problem that occurs during the export proces with the windows version?

Since my experience so far is that the mac version works without problems. And now the node- preview works without problems. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to retrieve that node-preview version somehow? Is it located someone temporary?

megatronx Again thanks for your help and good to hear you are not experiencing the problem.

Np. But I was running it in preview. I'll try exe now.

EDIT Yes you can. Can't remember where it is located exactly but it is somewhere in you document files folder.

EDIT2 Not sure if that's possible with NWK but are you exporting script as minified ?

EDIT3 NVM, after exporting it did freeze after 20 mins!

SHITE!

• Normaly I don't use minified with exporting but also tested that out. Doesnt make any difference.

The node-preview is still running and no freeze yet. Did you also use node-preview?

Also trying something else at the moment on another machine. I copied the contents of the node-webkit folder in construct and copied the .pak file from a earlier export that froze and placed it in that folder. It works when I run it and see if that makes any difference. I don't have any knowledge how this stuff works so just messing around now since I don't know what else to do edit: well that didnt work out. Also a freeze.

• Normaly I don't use minified with exporting but also tested that out. Doesnt make any difference.

The node-preview is still running and no freeze yet. Did you also use node-preview?

Also trying something else at the moment on another machine. I copied the contents of the node-webkit folder in construct and copied the .pak file from a earlier export that froze and placed it in that folder. It works when I run it and see if that makes any difference. I don't have any knowledge how this stuff works so just messing around now since I don't know what else to do

on preview was fine, but after export it did freeze.

• Construct 3

Buy Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Buy Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah alright. Must be something that happens during the export then.

node- preview is still working perfect here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)