Two Node-webkit problems still on v.168 [Temp Freeze fix!]

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX Two contains 450 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Ashley Did some further testing and hope you can respond to this problem, if there are plans to fix this and what can I do to fix this?

Did some further testing and it didnt matter what I changed it still happened. So I made a new clean project and didnt change any settings.

The project has two sprites and only one event. Once the sprite with a player behaviour makes collision with the floor sprite it jumps and plays a sound. As simple as that.

You can see the result here: youtu.be/i635UHoviMk

At 1:19 it freezes up till 1:46. Then it continues playing again. This is a huge problem with the node-webkit exporter and if there is no alternative way to make an proper executable for windows then heck what can I do now?

I'm thinking, do you have any programs running in the background? If so, could you do a test with all closed?

• I will do another test with less programs running. But I have been testing this morning with my current pc and also with a surface tablet that doesnt run alot of programs at the moment. Both have this problem.

Friday with another test on someone elses machine that had a clean windows install also showed this exact problem.

If it's happing on each windows (7 and 8) machine that I play the game on then that doesnt bode well.

• scaffa it's great to hear that you can reproduce it in a small project, should be a lot easier for Ashley or even Chrome to have a look at.

• I will do another test with less programs running. But I have been testing this morning with my current pc and also with a surface tablet that doesnt run alot of programs at the moment. Both have this problem.

Friday with another test on someone elses machine that had a clean windows install also showed this exact problem.

If it's happing on each windows (7 and 8) machine that I play the game on then that doesnt bode well.

I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

• I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

I spoke with someone else and he also mentioned he didnt have any problems with the node-webkit export. So maybe something goes wrong during the export? I have no clue.

I uploaded the files to MEGA but I cant post a link here so I will send a pm if that is possible. Attacked the capx for the jumping box project right here. Testing this problem is kinda yeah not fun since it can take a while to happen if you are 'unlucky'.

edit: Seems I cant send pm's at the moment and add links due to low reputation.

[attachment=0:1yfqkuo5][/attachment:1yfqkuo5]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

>

I spoke with someone else and he also mentioned he didnt have any problems with the node-webkit export. So maybe something goes wrong during the export? I have no clue.

I uploaded the files to MEGA but I cant post a link here so I will send a pm if that is possible. Attacked the capx for the jumping box project right here. Testing this problem is kinda yeah not fun since it can take a while to happen if you are 'unlucky'.

edit: Seems I cant send pm's at the moment and add links due to low reputation.

[attachment=0:morfmucp][/attachment:morfmucp]

There's the attachment Running it now

• >

> >

> > I remember I had that issue a year ago. I can't recollect if I found out what was cause those freezes back then or not. But on current project nothing happened like that yet ( and I want it to stay that way ). If you could share your jumping boxes capx, or better exe with us, we will tru it out too.

> >

>

> I spoke with someone else and he also mentioned he didnt have any problems with the node-webkit export. So maybe something goes wrong during the export? I have no clue.

>

> I uploaded the files to MEGA but I cant post a link here so I will send a pm if that is possible. Attacked the capx for the jumping box project right here. Testing this problem is kinda yeah not fun since it can take a while to happen if you are 'unlucky'.

>

> edit: Seems I cant send pm's at the moment and add links due to low reputation.

>

> [attachment=0:aoujq8hc][/attachment:aoujq8hc]

>

There's the attachment Running it now

Edit@ Clean so far. Hmm, trying to remember what did I do to get rid of those freezes long time ago. Might have been one of the following: gpu drivers, dXdrivers, .net framework, or something was running in the background ( music or graphic software )

• Thanks for helping out, appreciate it. I had that project running for about 25 minutes and then it happened. And after that it happened again after only 5 min. The randomness of it is nuts. For awhile I thought it didnt happen on my main machine but I only played in short bursts so never saw it happen :\

I turned down most of the software running, even went as far as disabling my internet. No positive result and still freezes.

• scaffa

Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

• Running it for almost 2h now and no problem yet.

• scaffa

Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

I was unaware you could do a node-preview, thanks for mentioning that. I have been running the node- preview for an hour now with my actual game project and had zero freezes so far. Will keep it running for a bit longer.

One step closer to the problem.. So maybe it's a problem that occurs during the export proces with the windows version?

Since my experience so far is that the mac version works without problems. And now the node- preview works without problems. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to retrieve that node-preview version somehow? Is it located somewhere temporary?

megatronx Again thanks for your help and good to hear you are not experiencing the problem.

• > scaffa

>

> Do you get the freeze with node- preview or just the exported version ?

>

I was unaware you could do a node-preview, thanks for mentioning that. I have been running the node- preview for an hour now with my actual game project and had zero freezes so far. Will keep it running for a bit longer.

One step closer to the problem.. So maybe it's a problem that occurs during the export proces with the windows version?

Since my experience so far is that the mac version works without problems. And now the node- preview works without problems. Maybe a silly question but is it possible to retrieve that node-preview version somehow? Is it located someone temporary?

megatronx Again thanks for your help and good to hear you are not experiencing the problem.

Np. But I was running it in preview. I'll try exe now.

EDIT@ Yes you can. Can't remember where it is located exactly but it is somewhere in you document files folder.

EDIT2@ Not sure if that's possible with NWK but are you exporting script as minified ?

EDIT3@ NVM, after exporting it did freeze after 20 mins!

SHITE!

• Normaly I don't use minified with exporting but also tested that out. Doesnt make any difference.

The node-preview is still running and no freeze yet. Did you also use node-preview?

Also trying something else at the moment on another machine. I copied the contents of the node-webkit folder in construct and copied the .pak file from a earlier export that froze and placed it in that folder. It works when I run it and see if that makes any difference. I don't have any knowledge how this stuff works so just messing around now since I don't know what else to do edit: well that didnt work out. Also a freeze.

• Normaly I don't use minified with exporting but also tested that out. Doesnt make any difference.

The node-preview is still running and no freeze yet. Did you also use node-preview?

Also trying something else at the moment on another machine. I copied the contents of the node-webkit folder in construct and copied the .pak file from a earlier export that froze and placed it in that folder. It works when I run it and see if that makes any difference. I don't have any knowledge how this stuff works so just messing around now since I don't know what else to do

on preview was fine, but after export it did freeze.

• Ah alright. Must be something that happens during the export then.

node- preview is still working perfect here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)