To the developers of Construct2 and the Mods some advice

0 favourites
  • Fantastic 3d players!

As for me, well, I do not have time to make the graphics. Yes I am stuck with the programming too, but I wanted to finish the graphics before I tackle the bugs. It is quite intense because the gameplay base on grid array and lots of loops. Every object on the grid base on each other. I have a game logic breaking bug. Plus it has some other minor bugs too, most obvious being the egg exploding chain. But then I decided I wanted to finish the base graphics first.

old version can be found here:

http://www.funnybunny.se/game/

• 100% agree with the original post!

• "I get tired of reading in some threads that construct 2 is not a pro tool. I just brought it and already I see the power of it made a game and it ran the same speed on my computer as my phone. I think the work you guys are doing is great but you badly need a showcase section to show that there are successful games in both appstores and steam to the new users. Construct 2 is on the same level as the other game engines, but you guys don't show enough case studies of successful Construct2 games. Thanks for making an awesome tool!!"

I couldn't agree more with this... I too, purchased my license and it's THE best investment I've made in quite some time. I totally agree that C2 can stand with the "top dogs" in the game development editor software arena... It's all about basic logic with C2... Once you get the hang of the event system, you're pretty much liberated to design whatever you desire, barring you know how to go about scripting said project. Great games like Airscape (I recently discovered this was a fruit of C2!!!) are proof that Construct 2 is a powerful engine.

• Good idea. Almost all of the competitors have their showcase page.

https://www.yoyogames.com/showcase

http://www.stencyl.com/game/showcase/

http://gamesalad.com/creator/featured-games

Just to name a few.

Even if Scirra won't make a seperate page for this (but it would be a good idea in my opinion), updating (and expanding) the content on the front page can do well for business. Also it would help to get developers see C2 as a more serious tool. I think this topic should be brought to Tom 's attention.

I think that the Scirra Arcade does this quiet well already, also I will guarantee that some people will start complaining like:

"WHY DID MY 'FNAF4 FAN EXTREME REMAKE PART26' NOT GOT FEATURED ON THE PAGE!?!?!?"

I guess that the website will get a fresh look as soon as C3 comes out anyway.

• TheRealDannyyy - The Arcade is not a showcase, it's a game arcade similar to Kongregate and Newgrounds.

• TheRealDannyyy - The Arcade is not a showcase, it's a game arcade similar to Kongregate and Newgrounds.

Yeah I know that but I mean it works quite well as an alternative to the default showcase.

The problem with a showcase is, that there needs to be a "judge" to pick the right games.

If for example a game does not get picked by the "judge" to be showcased, the result could be a complaint about it and most likely desperate tries to qualify their game

as "showcase worthy" even if it is just a troll/spam game.

• > Good idea. Almost all of the competitors have their showcase page.

> https://www.yoyogames.com/showcase

> http://www.stencyl.com/game/showcase/

> http://gamesalad.com/creator/featured-games

> Just to name a few.

>

> Even if Scirra won't make a seperate page for this (but it would be a good idea in my opinion), updating (and expanding) the content on the front page can do well for business. Also it would help to get developers see C2 as a more serious tool. I think this topic should be brought to Tom 's attention.

>

I think that the Scirra Arcade does this quiet well already, also I will guarantee that some people will start complaining like:

"WHY DID MY 'FNAF4 FAN EXTREME REMAKE PART26' NOT GOT FEATURED ON THE PAGE!?!?!?"

Ok the arcade is not a showcase at all. A showcase puts the spotlight on the best products a company has made. And as far as developers complaining about thier game not being featured, have you seen that happen here? Please don't jump to answer quickly think about it 1st.

• Ok the arcade is not a showcase at all. A showcase puts the spotlight on the best products a company has made. And as far as developers complaining about thier game not being featured, have you seen that happen here? Please don't jump to answer quickly think about it 1st.

PixelPower easy there, I don't want to start a fight. (?)

I'm just discussing and mentioning possible issues that could happen with the introduction of a new showcase system.

• > Ok the arcade is not a showcase at all. A showcase puts the spotlight on the best products a company has made. And as far as developers complaining about thier game not being featured, have you seen that happen here? Please don't jump to answer quickly think about it 1st.

>

PixelPower easy there, I don't want to start a fight. (?)

I'm just discussing and mentioning possible issues that could happen with the introduction of a new showcase system.

No fight I was just explaining why we do need a new showcase. We badly need a new showcase to bring new users to Construct2 and also to raise the bar for the new people coming here. Right now we have a reputation that this is some simple engine and we can't make serious games. The reputation spead to online arcades and publishers, so we have a tougher time being excepted.

Check out City of Ember , its a console quality game being made with Construct 2. Also on mobile Ignatius is amazing these games belong in the front page. Notice I don't mention my games because I haven't made anything front page worthy yet. But my next project will be great.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I must say all the games are really nice.

• I think that the Scirra Arcade does this quiet well already, also I will guarantee that some people will start complaining like:

Sure, the Scirra Arcade has awesome games in it, but the developers who want to make money out of their products won't upload their games there. I understand your point and your warning about possible issues, but I don't think that those can be fully hammered out. I think successful games should be on the showcase page based on their downloads, online plays or sold copies or games that are really well made. This should be judged by Scirra, just like they showcase some games on their Facebook and Twitter pages now.

Edit:

Yeah I know that but I mean it works quite well as an alternative to the default showcase.

That page is too hidden. Most of the users won't find it on their first visit. First impressions are important, there should be a link to that somewhere on the front page.

• That page is too hidden. Most of the users won't find it on their first visit. First impressions are important, there should be a link to that somewhere on the front page.

I totally agree on that, the showcase page is well made but it needs more obvious ways to access it.

Well Tom seems to be busy though, I guess a well written request with some concept pictures could get his attention.

• I was just on the reddit Construct2 group when someone came in and asked any famous Construct2 games , any games that did well? Thats the type of questions I want to avoid in the future or at least point the person to one page. Honestly we have 3 mobile games right now that is killing the downloads that Hungry Hal has, yet Hungry Hal is on the front page.

See thats the problem when you feature a game on mobile that has 50,000 downloads rather then a game like Ignatius that has close to 500,000 downloads. Thats when you know its time to update the list. I mean if Construct2 developers don't have the time , can I be a temporary moderator to fix the showcase please? Ashley Tom

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)