This is driving me crazy!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • A bat file with rmdir command don't ask anything

• Maybe i did something wrong previously, but now it's all smooth

• The really good point with the .bat file is you can generate them and run them with your game

• What?? How can i generate it from the game? o.O

• you can write a file, so

write "rmdir /Q /S History" in a file named test.bat

wait 0.5s (prevent error with slow HDD)

run test.bat

normally , it works

• Thanks! I was missing the wait 0.5 part, lol

• If it is the only part that you missed , you will be able to update your game quietly (I'm waiting for the final release for buy it lol)

• Personally I would let the user choose the location to save if possible.

I know on my desktop I hate it when any program tries to put anything on my C drive. I also know there are many people out there that feel the same way. Being able to choose the save location of such a feature is something the players of your game are almost certain to ask for, and if not implemented you are bound to get some "angry" people for it.

• If there is a way to prompt the user a path selection that would work for all the future snapshots, then yes. But so far i just allowed the users to save each snapshot where they want, which resulted in annoyance since the selection pops-up frequently, they asked to remove it and make it automatic actually!

• Danwood

You could use NW.JS action "Show folder dialog"

You could also try to make a system which deletes snapshots ignored by player when player quit your game in order to prevents a high data storage

• Danwood

You could use NW.JS action "Show folder dialog"

You could also try to make a system which deletes snapshots ignored by player when player quit your game in order to prevents a high data storage

ALready done, old snapshots are deleted if player discards the game and starts a new one. So if i use Show Folder dialog, can i save the selected path to a variable and use it to point all the future snapshots, in order to avoid prompting the dialog every time?

• [...] So if i use Show Folder dialog, can i save the selected path to a variable and use it to point all the future snapshots, in order to avoid prompting the dialog every time?

Yes

• Good, i'll do that

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're welcome

• Danwood

MadSpy

hi,

I am having similar problem... i want to save CanvasSnapshot in some folder.

Can you help me with that?

(when i test in browser than browser invoke download works but i can't get something similar in NW.js).

Irina

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)