The new Cocoon beta - now open!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
10 Orchestral Soundtracks / ~2 mins each / 11 audio clips in total
  • ludei

here's a screenshot from thatserafimkid demonstrating the same issue

This is the error i get in the developer app.

-I've exported with cordova,

-set minify off

-deleted the config and intel addition files

-put everything in a www folder and zipped it(ive also tried it without putting it in a folder)

-I uploaded to the cocoon site, selected canvas +

-removed the whitelist plugin(I also deleted all cranberry plugins from my project)

I don't know where else to go from here. I keep getting a black screen and that error in the debugger.

Any suggestions

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ludei, were any changes made to Canvas+, such as performance improvements or anything of the sort? Or is it the same Canvas+ as before?

• Any news on perfomance on iOS 9?

• > By version code you mean in this page right?

>

Yes. Try compile new apks with version code 15 and upload them to the Google dev console and deactivate both 12 and 14.

Worked like a charm thanks

• ludei

>

> This is the error i get in the developer app.

> -I've exported with cordova,

> -set minify off

> -deleted the config and intel addition files

> -put everything in a www folder and zipped it(ive also tried it without putting it in a folder)

> -I uploaded to the cocoon site, selected canvas +

> -removed the whitelist plugin(I also deleted all cranberry plugins from my project)

>

> I don't know where else to go from here. I keep getting a black screen and that error in the debugger.

>

> Any suggestions

>

Had the same issue before turning of minify worked for me and having webgl turned off, the only plugin I had in cocoon io was the Android Canvas Plus Plugin. If your using atp ads make sure to add the native admob plugin too or else you will get a blackscreen

• Hello,

We fixed this error. It was caused by the dev-app plugin. It should work fine from now on.

About minification, we are having a look at it. About WebGL and scaling issues, there is a fix explained here:

• ludei I've tried compiling my game twice but all I get is a black screen after the splash.

I'm not using any additional plugins, it's just a vanilla plain old construct2 exported game.

I tried once with the default cocoon settings and once with the white list plugin removed.

Both tests were on my Android galaxy s5, with canvas+ targeted.

What do I need to do to get a working compile? It works without any tweaking using Intel xdk & crosswalk but I'd love to try cocoon to see if I can get any extra performance

• robothousegames

I had the same issue, but only found half a fix.

I had the same issue as you where the black screen occurs after the cocoon splash. So after a lot of trial and error, I got my first layout to load fine. I dunno what exactly the right setting is but what I did was :

• WebGl ON
    • unbounded scrolling - NO (test with YES and see if it makes a difference)
    • Physics - Box2D web
    • Loader style - Percentage text
    • Not related to the issue, but apply the fix explained by Ludei right above your comment . The second link.

Now I say half a fix cause if your project uses the Physics behavior, it won't load. It will remain black no matter what. My second layout uses Physics and If I transition to that layout, I get the black screen. So I assume there are 2 separate black screen issues. As for now there is no mention of a fix for the physics issue.

Note that this is only with Canvas. You can get the Physics to work with Webview+, but it's pretty much unplayable.

• Pandy , wow thank you, that's a comprehensive reply! I'll try these asap

• ludei

>

> This is the error i get in the developer app.

> -I've exported with cordova,

> -set minify off

> -deleted the config and intel addition files

> -put everything in a www folder and zipped it(ive also tried it without putting it in a folder)

> -I uploaded to the cocoon site, selected canvas +

> -removed the whitelist plugin(I also deleted all cranberry plugins from my project)

>

> I don't know where else to go from here. I keep getting a black screen and that error in the debugger.

>

> Any suggestions

>

Did you find a solution for this? I get the same error.

Thanks

• Can anyone please tell me which size the resulting apks have for a basically empty project? Thanks

• From what I remember Cocoon's Canvas+ added around 10MB to your projects.

• Cocoon.io only added around 6mb to my game size.

• From what I remember Cocoon's Canvas+ added around 10MB to your projects.

Cocoon.io only added around 6mb to my game size.

Thanks, that sounds promising.

• Is this currently a good solution for android development? I'm trying Cordova/XDX right now but am getting some issues with google play and apparently it doesn't support IAP. It also adds 20mbs to the app size which isn't really conventional for the smalls apps I'm producing. It looks like the addon library is also really solid

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/4802/c ... s-services

But before I jump all into I want to hear if it currently has any major issues. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)