The Lovely Blank Feedbak!

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
An educational game for Fill in the Blanks. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • yeah everything is fine,C2 and Java but after I hit the Export Project button and I want to check the result in my browser,I get a black background!! Any way around?

Thank you a lot.

• This is happening because browsers put some limitations on pages run from a disk. You need to upload your exported project to a server in order to make it work.

• This is happening because browsers put some limitations on pages run from a disk. You need to upload your exported project to a server in order to make it work.

Thank you for this but I think there must be a more handy way around.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Quote from the manual:

"Note exported projects, including the HTML5 export, cannot usually be run from disk. Your project must be uploaded to the web (for HTML5 export) or otherwise published before it will work."

The best way to run your game without having a web server is using a local server or your public dropbox folder.

• If your not well versed with servers but want to run your own local web server, I recommend WAMP (windows apache mysql) very easy install, and has a mysql database to boot, suported by the latest php.

If thats too much of a hassle, or you change computers a lot, then drop box is the way to go.

It integratesw with windows, adding an extra folder in your my documents, which is a direct link to the online dropbox folder.

So placing something online is as easy as just copy and pasting it to another one of your windows folders :)

• If you want to test your game, just preview it from within Construct 2 (and you can also use preview-over-Wifi to test it on multiple devices easily). Once you export as a HTML5 website, you must upload it to a real server before it can work, due to security restrictions in browsers.

• Thank you all for your feedbacks,God bless C2 and it's community.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)