Test out my EXE build please

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Soldier Test
$9.99 USD
A Construct version 2 & 3 "Stand-alone" RPG game with "In-Game Module" (IGM) integration.
  • What i see so far (and I'm terrible with tech and stuff... I just do art haha) is that it seems to run fine on 64bit systems. hm...

• It did crash when I first started it, but works fine here too. Other then the ingame bugs mentioned, anyway. Comodo Firewall might have been the culprit in the initial crash.

Windows 7, 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme QX9650

8GB DDR3 RAM

GTX 560 ti

• I decided to test the exe on a variety of machines! Here's my results:

My Laptop (and my main computer :) )

Windows 7 64 bit

Intel i7-720

6GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GT 330M

Results: Works quite well. Frame rate is solid. Everything works correctly.

My Custom Computer Build

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD Phenom II X2 555 (3.2GHZ)

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4250

Results: Same as the above. Works very well. (Also, Super Ubi Land looks great on lower resolution monitors! :D)

Older Vista Desktop

Windows Vista 32 bit

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+

3 GB RAM

NVIDIA Geforce 7300 LE

Results: Frame is somewhat acceptable. Faced problems with collision detection (i.e. jumping on enemies to kill them). Music doesn't start immediately, but it works when it does.

...it really ought to work on any modern desktop computer at all, using Windows XP SP3 and newer. (Watch out for the odd user still on XP SP2.)

Hmm...

I'll be the judge of that!

Ancient XP Desktop

Windows XP SP2

Intel Pentium 4 (2.8GHz)

1 GB RAM

Intel 82865G Graphics Controller

Results: Crashes on startup.

(OK, I guess you were right :P)

(Incidently, this computer takes like 15-20 seconds just to open the start menu! :D)

• Thanks a ton for the tests!

So It should be good enough for me to publish my Desura page!

I'll just leave instructions and things

• NotionGames - even the cheapest laptop around today would be more than fast enough for a 2D game. Minimum hardware is kind of irrelevant for 2D games these days. You just need the right software.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley - I don't necessarily agree. It depends very much on the game in question. Example, Bastion. The desktop version of Bastion runs fairly well for me in 1920x1080, but not well enough that it's comfortable playing at that resolution. But that's the desktop version, I can change the resolution in that game as I see fit. The Chrome/web version of Bastion? Not so much.

If I want to run it in fullscreen it's forced to run in the native resolution of my computer, which causes the game to run at a somewhat inconsistent framerate. It's actually a bit worse since the Chrome/web version of Bastion is not as optimized as the desktop one.

Never say never. A game using all kinds of shaders, big assets and a lot of layers could very well have issues on lower end systems. It's not unreasonable to want to be able to figure out what the minimum specs would/should be. I'm not sure how you would do that aside from testing the game on everything, which (I gather) is why the question was asked in the first place.

From what I've seen so far Ubi Land is unlikely to run into such problems. But then again, I haven't seen the entire game yet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)