[Technical Help] Draw calls too high?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Can anybody enlighten me why the draw calls too high? Been around forum searching for answer and googled, the problem i had seems to be inconsistent with the explanation available. My graphics were down to earth very simple yet this happen... any idea why??

[r175] I'm not posting this into bugs forum because I'm not sure what happening here... I cant even point out method to reproduce this..

Explanation on how draw calls works in c2 would be very appreciated. Please help me understand...

• I think updating texts objects constantly can lead to severe redrawn

• I think updating texts objects constantly can lead to severe redrawn

Aphrodite thanks for the answer. The text is not the problem, I've toggled disable on events related to it,no change. I just found out that the spritefont is the most possible culprit, toggled disabled it no change, but when i remove the only event line related to spritefont (set text to etc etc), the draw calls drop to 0.9%... Weird...

I'm thinking of downgrading to r173 but I've used the new touch feature, a very long event and many of them(34event!!) to add insult to my injury...

If i disable the event, is there any chance to get my other event to work in r173? I prefer not to delete them because i spent great deal of time and brain juice to get the touch feature implemented today...

• you shouldnt have to downgrade. can you show use what events you have on you sprite-font because it normally doesn't cause such terrible performance. Also have you tried debugging in a different browser sometimes they can report wrong or just have a issue

• How about posting the capx. So we can see what and how it's created. I'm curios.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How about posting the capx. So we can see what and how it's created. I'm curios.

jayderyu https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/168816156/arraytest_bug.capx

I cant seem to produce the same result, the actual project I have now will stop producing new object, however this one dont . This capx replicate the same structure and objects of the my current project. My thought is after the "for each x element" for my array reach the end of the array, the loop should stop, but that is not the case....

• I'm sorry. i can't help. I just did a recent purge of most of my Rex plugins. But some one else maybe

• the capx did not use any 3rd party plugin, it just me forgot to remove them... it was there because im trying to point out the root problem... im suspecting my events are not complete, it s just that i dont see what is it...

• have you solve your problem ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)