Super Bugfix Roundup Deluxe!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
An even more advanced version of Spritefont that allows you to make all sorts of new things.
  • Hey!

I'm down to the wire on our game, Beans: The Coffee Shop Simulator, and as a result, I have a whole bunch of little nitpicky bugs that maybe someone here has some insight into! Special thanks as always to all of you guys in the community, as well as Scirra for my favorite little game making tool although, Aseprite is a close second!

OK, here goes - feel free to shoot a response or a forum message if you have any ideas about any of these.

1 - NW.JS Doesn't Quit Neatly

Issue and Steps: Build with NWJS, close the .exe either via ALT-F4 or via Constructs in-game quit commands, NWJS hangs around in Task Manager.

This one is mostly just a memory management issue. Don't want people flipping out on Steam that my game is bogging down their systems because it doesn't quit neatly on exit.

2 -Pin an object to a customer on mouse over...

Issue and Steps: for some reason, this just straight doesn't work.

3 - Zoom Jitters

Issue and Steps: .

For some reason, this method jitters like crazy.

Any help much appreciated!

• I'll look into your googles, but #3 suggests using DT, which you'll see that I'm actually already doing!

• I wish I had 10 bucks for every time I've said this, but Im pretty sure you don't need the for each, and I'm absolutely positive you don't need the every tick.

• I appreciate the feedback, but unfortunately with that particular event I've tried it both with and without to no avail!

• Im not sure and I haven't tested it but I have a feeling your jittery one is a combination of using a lerp zoom and lerp pan with pixel rounding on. Try turning pixel rounding off during the pan zoom.

• Also I think there is alot wrong with number 2. You don't need the for eaches , you dont need the every tick, the greater less than conditions are set up kinda funny and you are using else in a strange way that I would never consider (but maybe possible).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, I'll reevaluate it. I was using it as an "else-if" since I kinda came at this from a programming background.

Let me try the pixel rounding thing and get back to you... I don't think I can change that at runtime though, so it would have to be off for the whole project, right?

• That pixel rounding worked excellently!

• Update!

Updating NW JS fixed issue #1

Disabling Pixel Rounding fixed Issue #3

Jury is out on issue #2!

• Take a piece of paper. And a meter.

Now lerp it like you do.

Measure and cut of 20% of the length. (distance gets shorter) and keep doing so until the end of days.

What happens in the end ?

Add a distance check to the lerping. When the distance-to-go is less then (lets say) 4 pixels, dont lerp.

• Ricethin

For #2, try this to simplify things:

Give EmotionIndicator the Pin Behaviour

Conditions

Cursor is over Customers

Trigger Once

Actions

Customers: Spawn object EmotionIndicator at image point 2

EmotionIndicator: Pin to Customers (position only)

EmotionIndicator: Set animation to frame (Frustration < Customers.FrustrationThreshold*0.25 ? 0 : Frustration < Customers.FrustrationThreshold*0.75 ? 1 : 2)

• ACK! OddConfection that worked PERFECTLY!

I have a few more that I'd love help with.

#4 - There doesn't seem to be a way to click on an object, then clone that exact object that I clicked on elsewhere.

Like... ON CLICKED ON OBJECT -> Create object OBJECT YOU CLICKED ON on layer XYZ. In context, I'm trying to click on the little dude in the hoodie and have him appear, as a clone, where the little girl in the purple dress sits. Ideas?

#5 - Pathfinding animation changes..

I use "is pathfinding walking along path" to make people animate, but it.. works strangely. Particularly, characters seem to pause for a second during multiple pathfinding calls, which seems to look weird. This only occurs on a chain of find path -> move along path -> on arrived -> find path, repeat

Observe:

• #4 - There doesn't seem to be a way to click on an object, then clone that exact object that I clicked on elsewhere.

Like... ON CLICKED ON OBJECT -> Create object OBJECT YOU CLICKED ON on layer XYZ. In context, I'm trying to click on the little dude in the hoodie and have him appear, as a clone, where the little girl in the purple dress sits. Ideas?

I don't think there is an easy way to detect object type and do that in one action (although maybe in C3 since that has Create by Name)

Assuming you have all people in a Family (called People or something), add an instance variable to it called Type and set that for each person, e.g. Type=Hoodie

Then do:

Event

On People clicked

Sub-Events

People.Type = Hoodie -> Create Hoodie on XYZ

Else

People.Type = PurpleDress -> Create PurpleDress on XYZ

Else

etc.

• Oh! That's clever. I will add an instance variable, name them, and do it that way with a branching select.

Thanks for your help!

Any idea on the pause during pathfinding? It's cosmetic, so not a showstopper, but yea.

Cheers!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)