suggestion : order of the results of the "search" option

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • When I type to select an object (when creating an action or a condition), if I type "sorcerer" and I have two objects "sorcerer" and "HPsorcerer", HPsorcerer will always come first, so that I am forced to still select it with my mouse despite I writed down the whole object name.

In my opinion, the first results should be the objects which have their first letter the same as the first letter that I wrote down, not the objects which names come first in the alphabetical order.

This would avoid me to have "enemyTouchBox" come first when I write "touch", and thus to have me grab my mouse to double click on it, while I could otherwise just press enter.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ohw yes .... same here ...

This can be quite annoying if you have a big project, because I start naming some objects a bit weird just to keep the development process quick.

Lots of times I actually ponder how to name my objects .. so during development I can type two or three letters to make the object appear in the selection window, leaving me to just press enter to select it.

Otherwise, I type a few letters, then either tab to the screen to navigate with the arrows keys to the right object, or use my mouse to select it.

The mouse is annoying, as I tend to use only the keyboard during the editing/adding of events.

• +

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)