[Suggestion] Actions for 8Dir X/Y Vector

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • With 8Dir, you only can modify speed. This is fine unless you have a static square that does not rotate, which then means modifying speed only modifies the vector the sprite is always facing.

What I suggest is the ability to modify Vector X and Vector Y within actions.

• Bumping.

Modifying just "Speed" on 8Dir only has it go +X (to the right) no matter angle manually set on object itself.

Custom Movement and Platform both have the ability to modify Vector X as well as movement angle.

I feel for consistency as well as flexibility to include Event Sheet actions to modify 8Dir Vector X, Vector Y, and movement angle.

• Yes, I also want to apply physic to 8 Direction Movement object. These two cannot work together somehow. It needs fix.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You really can't set vectors in the 8direction behavior? Wow, that seems like a huge hole.

krmlemre due to the way Physics works, this isn't possible. You'll have to set up your own system involving forces.

• You really can't set vectors in the 8direction behavior? Wow, that seems like a huge hole.

krmlemre due to the way Physics works, this isn't possible. You'll have to set up your own system involving forces. I was surprised I spent 20 minutes looking for the proper way, but I guess it got overlooked.

Might be better suited for a bug report due to action consistency as well as speed only adjusting X no matter the angle of the object.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)