Sudden frame drops problem?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hi

So I have noticed some sudden frame drops in games that is really annoying.

for example we have a really simple game which frame rate is 60 but sometimes its frame rate suddenly drops to 57 for 1 second and then comes back to 60.

Is it a common issue or my computer has a problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your computer is fine. The fluctuation of framerate is common and it happens once in a while, not only for C2 games, but also other games using some other engines too.

Also, framerate is updated once every second only. Perhaps a frame got a tiny hiccup, that's why it got 57 fps. But this is negligible, I'd say.

I believe one of the possible reasons for this framerate drop is Garbage Collection: https://www.scirra.com/blog/76/how-to-w ... javascript

• There shouldn't be a problem as long as it stays FPS 30+ anyways.

• the problem is it makes the movement look bad for a second, for example an object is moving suddenly it stops for 0.5 second or skip few steps which make the game not look smooth

• Hi

So I have noticed some sudden frame drops in games that is really annoying.

for example we have a really simple game which frame rate is 60 but sometimes its frame rate suddenly drops to 57 for 1 second and then comes back to 60.

Is it a common issue or my computer has a problem? the problem is it makes the movement look bad for a second, for example an object is moving suddenly it stops for 0.5 second or skip few steps which make the game not look smooth

Wow, I have the same. Have you found what is the reason of the frame drop? Have you fixed it? Halp

• It causes noticeable hiccups and can make an otherwise smooth game look very choppy.

• Here with the same. Any solution?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)