Steam version doesn't work with steam controller.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Obviously this is the nw.js export. I'm getting feedback that the steam controller isn't working as a pad and registers as a mouse and keyboard.

Is there any fix for this yet or is it something on the pads end that needs fixing?

• Right now the browser gamepad api seems to only like xbox 360 (and compatible) pads.

With all others, all bets are off. It's pure luck if they work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I suggest you look into suggesting your players use http://www.x360ce.com/. It's a bit of minor hack, but a great free asset.

• Steam Controller only registers as a Gamepad when used to launch a game via Steam through Big Picture mode. Is this how they're launching the game?

• Thanks for the replies I have no idea so how they are opening it so I'll check.

• Steam Controller only registers as a Gamepad when used to launch a game via Steam through Big Picture mode.

Has this worked for you with a C2 game? (Because for me it has not, would be curious what you did)

• They were indeed running through big picture mode. Sadly they can't use the third party pad config program because they are on linux.

• > Steam Controller only registers as a Gamepad when used to launch a game via Steam through Big Picture mode.

>

Has this worked for you with a C2 game? (Because for me it has not, would be curious what you did)

I haven't. I actually meant that's the only way they work at all. C2 might have additional problems preventing it from working, but as far as I know when its in GamePad mode set from Big Picture it should behave like a 360 Controller and games are none-the-wiser.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)