Steam support?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Thinking about giving scirra a whirl but am wondering can you sell your games on steam? I see lots of platforms listed like IOS and android but steam isn't listed on the main page.

Thanks

• You can.

Export your game via NW.js, and use one of the steam-plugins to get access to achievements and other steam functionality.

A good example for a Steam game made with C2 would be this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412660/

• You can.

Export your game via NW.js, and use one of the steam-plugins to get access to achievements and other steam functionality.

A good example for a Steam game made with C2 would be this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/412660/

That's a C2 game??

• That's a C2 game??

Yeah, he kind of pushed himself and the thing to the limits, I guess

This was one (of several) threads about it:

• Thats awesome !! this sdk seems cool... im used to having to program all the things its already got lol before i even got to see all the pretty graphics.

• Sry, but i don't think construct 2 could handle a game like that. With so many particles and effects and player animations... and still high fps... just in my dreams LOL

• Sry, but i don't think construct 2 could handle a game like that. With so many particles and effects and player animations... and still high fps... just in my dreams LOL

Well, despite what you think, Klang was made in Construct 2.

• There's more than 150 C2 games on Steam Greenlight (see here) and a lot of them have got through and been released on Steam.

• Well, sorry, i'm mistaken, but only regarding PC's, which runs any C2 game really well. But for mobiles i still have my doubts...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, sorry, i'm mistaken, but only regarding PC's, which runs any C2 game really well. But for mobiles i still have my doubts...

Yes, you probably can't make a graphics-heavy game like that for mobile using C2 because WebGL effects can really take their toll on many phones. But you can make perfectly good 2D games like Candy Crush puzzle games or platformers or RPGs without the need to use almost any effects and make them run at a steady 60 fps on devices that are pretty low end by today's standards. I'm working on a puzzle game with large-scale graphics and pretty complex mechanics and testing it on my 2 year old 4-core cheap Samsung with 1 GB of ram and it runs perfectly well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)