Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • My jaw hit the desk when I saw variable animation blending - bravo BrashMonkey!

Same here, that and the feature mentioned in the vid at 12:12 are what keep making me drool lol. Great Job on Spriter, it really does make C2 just that much better. Thanks

I do have one question though, will there be a wiki/print tutorials for spriter in the future?

• hi lucid!

scirra.com/forum/trigger-once-and-instances_topic86899.html

is there a way to play scml animations for each instance without using the build in platform animation triggers?as you can read in my above post anything else than "trigger once" loops the animation to its first key frame and if i use it it only picks one instance.

please help

• Motion blending + analogue input = I'm in heaven!

• That looks great lucid . I was wondering if there was going to be any way to lock a frame rate to the Spriter animations. If I remember correctly, the speed will depend on the strength of the computer running the game. I just really think there are huge possibilities for using Spriter for cut scenes and conversations between characters, but it would be too hard to line up the lip sync with the audio file without knowing the frame rate.

Not sure if that's a priority or not. Spriter looks pretty amazing already.

Thanks.

• This latest video made me purchase the Spriter. These features are definitely something I'll want to support.

PS: Is there any convenient way to make character not swap items on it's hands when facing/moving left? I know that at the moment this is done with simple mirroring the right facing animations and it looks somewhat kooky.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • im sorry for my ignorance but spriter plugin works with cocoon?

• why when using "pixel rounding on" my spriter animations during runtime, freak out and act weird?

• why when using "pixel rounding on" my spriter animations during runtime, freak out and act weird?

Because the Spriter animations use sub-pixel movement and scaling. Pixel rounding forces things to exact pixels so the two are competing for where to place your objects.

• C-7

thank you for your explanation.

but if don't use it then sometimes a small line appears between my tilemaps during run-time.

so on fixes tilemaps and kills spriter animations and off works the otherway around.

any suggestions on how to solve this?

• joelbelo

yes it does

and crosswalk as well

• how about the performance in cocoon?

i have around 10 enemies in my game, each one has 3 animations of 60 frames each.

exporting from spriter it goes around 5mb for each enemy.

if i can put only the pieces of each enemy and do the animation and for all the enemies it is only 1 mb.

that will give faster loading and download time i think.

please tell me if I'm wrong

• It depends on how you export from Spriter. You may want to downsize your images if they are large. If they are much bigger in spriter and you end up having to resize them in C2, it may be better just to export them from spriter in the size you need them.

• the animation looks different than exported or inside spriter.

only the head of the monster, it has a little bit of movement, but when i play it on construct 2 through the spriter plugin its like the head is moving only in some frames..

everything is smooth except the head..

its like the monster body is 60 fps and the head is like 5 fps..

i dont know what can cause this..

• I do have one question though, will there be a wiki/print tutorials for spriter in the future?MelVin2014-02-15 07:36:07

The help file within Spriter is the closest thing for now. After 1.0, we will definitely be updating documentation as well.

hi lucid!

http://www.scirra.com/forum/trigger-onc ... 86899.html

is there a way to play scml animations for each instance without using the build in platform animation triggers?as you can read in my above post anything else than "trigger once" loops the animation to its first key frame and if i use it it only picks one instance.

please help

I'll take a look at this.

That looks great lucid . I was wondering if there was going to be any way to lock a frame rate to the Spriter animations. If I remember correctly, the speed will depend on the strength of the computer running the game. I just really think there are huge possibilities for using Spriter for cut scenes and conversations between characters, but it would be too hard to line up the lip sync with the audio file without knowing the frame rate.

Not sure if that's a priority or not. Spriter looks pretty amazing already.

Thanks.

The framerate will depend on the speed of the system, but the playback speed should be the same, so this won't affect the time it takes for the animation to play, just how smoothly it plays. Also, the final version of the plugin, once I get the new plugin to Ashley, and he has a chance to update it, will let you trigger sound effects. I've tested it a little (the plugin is already ready for sound), and it seems promising, though I haven't tried anything as complicated as cutscenes. Also, a future version of Spriter will have the option of exporting to a framerate, which will speed up playback and performance in those cases, because there will be no tweening math at runtime.

This latest video made me purchase the Spriter. These features are definitely something I'll want to support.

PS: Is there any convenient way to make character not swap items on it's hands when facing/moving left? I know that at the moment this is done with simple mirroring the right facing animations and it looks somewhat kooky.

You would just have to create a separate animation for right and left facing animations.

> why when using "pixel rounding on" my spriter animations during runtime, freak out and act weird?

>

Because the Spriter animations use sub-pixel movement and scaling. Pixel rounding forces things to exact pixels so the two are competing for where to place your objects.

quote]

C-7

thank you for your explanation.

but if don't use it then sometimes a small line appears between my tilemaps during run-time.

so on fixes tilemaps and kills spriter animations and off works the otherway around.

any suggestions on how to solve this?

This is correct. I haven't had a chance to check if there's a way to fix this yet, however, eventually(after 1.0) Spriter will have a pixel art friendly mode that won't allow subpixel movement. I suspect there will be a mathematical solution that will work before then, but very busy with all the basics, so I can't promise an ETA.

how about the performance in cocoon?

i have around 10 enemies in my game, each one has 3 animations of 60 frames each.

exporting from spriter it goes around 5mb for each enemy.

if i can put only the pieces of each enemy and do the animation and for all the enemies it is only 1 mb.

that will give faster loading and download time i think.

please tell me if I'm wrong

It depends on how you export from Spriter. You may want to downsize your images if they are large. If they are much bigger in spriter and you end up having to resize them in C2, it may be better just to export them from spriter in the size you need them.

I suspect BluePhaze already answered your question, and not sure if this answers part of your question either, but the plugin will only load the file once per file, even if it's shared by several characters.

the animation looks different than exported or inside spriter.

only the head of the monster, it has a little bit of movement, but when i play it on construct 2 through the spriter plugin its like the head is moving only in some frames..

everything is smooth except the head..

its like the monster body is 60 fps and the head is like 5 fps..

i dont know what can cause this..

I will have to take a look at this, but I'm not sure what you mean. The demo in the original post of this thread uses the monster file, and seems to play back ok, so maybe its a recent bug? Can you send me a capx?

Thanks for your patience everyone. Will try to get the updated plugin out this weekend. You'll still need to wait for an updated version of C2 and Spriter to use some of the features, but action points and animation blending will work fully.

• lucid

i have a request, can you make more tutorials on menu or gui animations with spriter? (Bouncing buttons, game titles and etc) would really help us on making good game gui.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)