Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid - The links for b6 take me to the free version, even though I bought the pro version. How do I upgrade it? And also I never got the extra animations (with the man on the ladder etc.).

• Just a note, lucid, there's some strange object replication stuff, especially with importing the platformer template with the gun - when imported, the object comes with four gun sprites even though they're exactly the same, which is kinda bizarre.

Edit: Also, the muzzle flash animations are basically worthless unless removed from the rest of the animations into their own file.

• lucid,

I am currently getting a bug (this bug may have surfaced or been present in a previous version) where when I export the construct 2 project the resulting exported folders create the "Missing Image" holders in place of where my images were. Is there a work around for this or a known fix?

Thanks!

Edited to add: It works perfectly in Preview Mode in Construct 2.

Missing Image holders should only appear when a project is loaded into Spriter itself. There are two possibilities. Either, you're saving to a new folder that doesn't contain all of your image files. Or you're loading back your project from the C2 folder. It should never copy over real images if they are already where they're supposed to be. I'm not sure if that helps or not. Let me know.

lucid - The links for b6 take me to the free version, even though I bought the pro version. How do I upgrade it? And also I never got the extra animations (with the man on the ladder etc.).

If you don't still have your product key, you can retrieve it here using the email you provided for your purchase. Then in the free version of Spriter, just go to the 'Help' menu and 'Activate Spriter Pro'.   You should just be able to redownload the art packs at the original links to upgrade the animations. Please email us at mailmam@brashmonkey.com if you never received the original email, or need us to resend.

Just a note, lucid, there's some strange object replication stuff, especially with importing the platformer template with the gun - when imported, the object comes with four gun sprites even though they're exactly the same, which is kinda bizarre.

Edit: Also, the muzzle flash animations are basically worthless unless removed from the rest of the animations into their own file.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid,

I am currently getting a bug (this bug may have surfaced or been present in a previous version) where when I export the construct 2 project the resulting exported folders create the "Missing Image" holders in place of where my images were. Is there a work around for this or a known fix?

Thanks!

Edited to add: It works perfectly in Preview Mode in Construct 2.

Missing Image holders should only appear when a project is loaded into Spriter itself. There are two possibilities. Either, you're saving to a new folder that doesn't contain all of your image files. Or you're loading back your project from the C2 folder. It should never copy over real images if they are already where they're supposed to be. I'm not sure if that helps or not. Let me know.

I get what you are saying, but I can tell I'm missing something. I even redid one with an extremely simple animation and the same happened. To recap, my workflow is as follows:

1)Create spriter animation in scon/scml.

2)import to Construct 2. (At this juncture, they are in the files folder of the construct 2 project and the corresponding images are in the image subfolder). All is well. The animations show in preview mode in Construct 2.

3) Export project as an HTML5 website to either a totally blank folder or a non-existent folder which Construct 2 then creates. It's at this point that in Files/images/ in the construct 2 export that Missing image folders are then created.

4) Upload project to web. Even if I manually replace the images into the folder where the Missing Image folders are, the uploaded project doesn't show the animation.

Is there something in that process that is incorrect and creating the missing images? I can send you a dropbox link to the uploaded project and you can see the preview if that would be a much easier way. I'm sure you are very busy and I would fully understand if that is too much of a bother.

Thank you,

• please send me the link. Part of my busy-ness is making sure that it works :)

lucidvsr@brashmonkey.com

• lucid - Thanks! I just didn't know I had to do that each new version. Also though I am having trouble with the packs as they say 'download expired'. They worked when I first got it, but that was just before the new additions. Anyway, sending you an email now with details.

• I can't seem to get it to animate in cocoonjs on IOS...

Is there something simple I may be overlooking.

It works just fine on my browser.

Also, I always get an error when I save it as .scon and try import it into C2. Error Loading Texture (very long error) and also saying I am using a checked version of C2 which is probably just not a stable release...

Can anyone help me get this working on cocoonjs for IOS?

• BAnyBudde, please make sure you're not minifying on export

• I did not minify the script on export, currently it's not working.

I tried export to website ,it didn't work on browsers after I deployed it to IIS

• any ETA for collision detection support in construct?

i want my player's sword on collision with an enemy to inflict damage.

i don't know how to pin an invisible sprite on the tip of the sword in an scml animation as a way to register collisions.

any ideas?

• Hi lucid , I will build an webapp with some characters, animated with spriter, and I want to know what is better:

• create each character in a unique scml file

or

• create all the characters in a unique scml file, each one in an entity
  • mostaafa You have to make sure your web server (IIS) has the mime/file types setup to allow .scon/.scml files...

• any ETA for collision detection support in construct?

i want my player's sword on collision with an enemy to inflict damage.

i don't know how to pin an invisible sprite on the tip of the sword in an scml animation as a way to register collisions.

any ideas?

Have you thought about adding it to spriter in the animation, then once imported to C2, find the sprite in question and changing it's option to invisible. Just a thought, haven't tested it yet.

• MelVin

good idea! i turned collisions on for the sword png and it worked! happy day :)

• Good stuff, happy to read it worked out Roc!:)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 3 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 3 guests)