Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Thank you so much Lucid! There's no lag or delay and I can work with blend animation too.

• [quote:2qysxwla]plugin changelog 5/12/14

Fixed a bug that caused the sprites to be animated to a position one tick behind the scml object.

Oh! Thank you very much

• plugin changelog 5/12/14

• Fixed a bug that caused the sprites to be animated to a position one tick behind the scml object.

Thank you

• lucid : I was wondering something, Since the Spriter plugin imports every part as a different sprite, rather than the same, it does not take benefit of C2's spritesheeting (and since if one of them is present, the others are too, it seems kind of weird to me).

Was there a reason behind that, or is it just the way it is?

• Aphrodite - the reason is to allow you to have actions, expressions, and conditions running on individual body parts, and also to put effects on individual body parts. If a body part switches out images they are imported as separate frames for the same sprite, and those images are spritesheeted.

• You gain a lot for the loss of the spritesheet. You have individual sprites, but at the same time you don't have duplicates of them frame after frame after frame which saves way more room than spritesheeting would if I am looking at it correctly...

• Thanks for your awnser, that makes more sense now ^^

• Lucid talked about it a bit a while back, in frame by frame you have basically an entire copy of the character or object (sprite) in each frame. That means for each frame you are basically multiplying the amount of space those images use. For a Spriter animation you have a group of sprites that together combined for the amount of file space as roughly one frame of animation. And then you have limitless animations you can create with it and no extra file size, etc... for doing so. It is a great way of doing things efficiently.

• BluePhaze is that the same spritesheeting in the reference. you can still put the parts of the animation onto an ATLAS. That way the atlas can be used by the webgl renderer for more effeciency. And personally i'm still not convinced that Spriter couldn't use an atlas. An object is not the same as an image. An image can use a frame/UV coordinates of an atlas(that C2 creates) to be more efficient. Where as Spriter treats every single object, and c2 treats all different objects as a different texture for the renderer. Which is unessecarry overhead.

Personally I think C2 should use more use of atlas-ing. But that's just me.

• BluePhaze is that the same spritesheeting in the reference. you can still put the parts of the animation onto an ATLAS. That way the atlas can be used by the webgl renderer for more effeciency. And personally i'm still not convinced that Spriter couldn't use an atlas. An object is not the same as an image. An image can use a frame/UV coordinates of an atlas(that C2 creates) to be more efficient. Where as Spriter treats every single object, and c2 treats all different objects as a different texture for the renderer. Which is unessecarry overhead.

Personally I think C2 should use more use of atlas-ing. But that's just me.

Since the plugin controls other sprite objects, rather than handling image storage and draw operations itself, there's nothing the plugin would do to change how the atlases work.

plugin changelog 5/13/14

• Added support for default pivot points in character maps
  • lucid I have a question, I have done an animation in spriter, it is 512 pixels tall aprox. and when I import it to construct, I can't re-size it, it just stays at the original size even if I change the size in the canvas, when I run de layout it stays at the same size. is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

And by the way, spriter is such a nice application, thanks for doing it, I bought it yesterday.

excuse my poor english, is not my native language.

• josiascaignard you can use events to change the scaling ,etc... in C2 for your spriter objects.

• lucid I have a question, I have done an animation in spriter, it is 512 pixels tall aprox. and when I import it to construct, I can't re-size it, it just stays at the original size even if I change the size in the canvas, when I run de layout it stays at the same size. is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

And by the way, spriter is such a nice application, thanks for doing it, I bought it yesterday.

excuse my poor english, is not my native language.

BluePhaze is correct as well, but the plugin should also have been setting the initial scale according to any changes you made to the scale of the scml object in the layout. This was a bug, fixed in today's update (thanks for the bug report):

plugin changelog 5/13/14

• Added support for default pivot points in character maps
    • Fixed a bug that wasn't adjusting the initial scml object scale according to changes in the scml object's scale in the layout
    • Fixed a bug where projects where multiple entities shared names for their objects weren't importing correctly. Will work in conjunction with an addition to the next Spriter beta release
  • i would like to kindly request if you could add a date to every scml plugin(at the .rar) you release because i now have on my downloads folder a gazillion plugins with the same name and it is starting to become confusing .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Roccinio, you should always be using the latest version of the plugin, as we sync changes between C2, the plugin, and Spriter all of the time. I will consider it, but I like using the same link so any links to the plugin are always up to date.

Spriter v8_1 (beta)

Released 5/13/2014

Anyone who doesn't have automatic updates set on Spriter to check for all updates (including unstable), you can manually check under the Edit|Settings menu in Spriter, and there is a new update (b8_1) out today. If you don't have at least Spriter version B8, you can download the latest update directly here. The full changelog is at the bottom of this post.

The latest update has some changes to the save that help the plugin work seamlessly with character maps. There was also an issue with the importer and scml files that had multiple entities containing objects with the same names. This latest version of Spriter along with the latest plugin update fixes this as well. To take advantage of this fix, you should now enable all three 'Additional Data for Authoring Tools' options within Spriter:

Additions and Enhancements

• Added an option in the save menu to force all names in obj_info tags to be unique to the entire file.
    • Second view and skin uv view now use the main canvas's current background color.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that would cause the first animation to be missing when loading an unprettified scml file.
    • Fixed a bug that made the status bar message permanently change to the update check successful message after an automatic update check.
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when moving keys with 'Only Show Selected' set in the timeline view
    • Fixed a bug that caused the incorrect key to be changed when a key was moved while the timeline view was filtered to only show certain object types.
    • Fixed a bug where projects saved with addition info for authoring tools was sometimes saving duplicate obj_info tags.
    • Added missing menu entry for showing/hiding Object Properties window in the Windows menu.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)