Spriter/C2 - (9-16-2019 - bug fix)

From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid - I'm exited to try this out - and thanks for your continued support of the c2 plugin! In addition to the performance gain (or, rather, the removal of the performance overhead) I imagine that this will also make sprite sheet animation import into c2 far easier for updating during development than is currently the case with the native sprites. Will it be possible to simply over-write the Spriter files in the c2 project folder each time, or will they have to be dropped into the c2 editor for this to work? Either way it'll be interesting to compare the performance with that of native sprite animation.

As an aside, are you able to give an update on Spriter mesh deformation development?

Hah this immediately made me think "hey, this sounds closer to mesh deformation integration."

lucid I have a pretty high amount of animated characters in my game, so I look forward to trying out the new mode and providing feedback.

• Damn i am so eager to get mesh deformation in spriter. It will blow away all the alternatives if it also had that. But the speed ups are much welcome too

• lucid - I would also like to try it out. I thought the current scml plugin was fast enough, I didn't imagine it will get faster not to mention the vast difference of performance. Good to know you guys keep improving C2 integration of spriter. This is a very good news for me since almost all my animations are made with spriter and ran using the scml plugin. I'll be happy to try and test it out.

• Hah this immediately made me think "hey, this sounds closer to mesh deformation integration."

lol - I have had my fingers crossed for a long time now.

• lucid Great to see the Spriter plugin doing so well.

Now to hit you with a problem...I'm sorry. I was putting together Spriter Art Pack for the store based on some zombie animations I did last year. In the middle of animating, I thought I would test out the Character Pack swap and got the attached problem. Kind of a bummer. The transparent art on the right picture is just a guide image. Not sure why the art isn't matching up. I went through a lot of trouble getting all of the body parts to match up exactly so I wouldn't think that's the problem. I'm using Version 7. Any help is appreciated.

• lucid I did a couple of tests with just a few images thinking that the larger guide images might be the problem. Turns out that I don't have the problem if I don't change the Default Pivot Point. Should I not be doing that and also using bones? Thanks.

-Ben

• lucid Great to see the Spriter plugin doing so well.

Now to hit you with a problem...I'm sorry. I was putting together Spriter Art Pack for the store based on some zombie animations I did last year. In the middle of animating, I thought I would test out the Character Pack swap and got the attached problem. Kind of a bummer. The transparent art on the right picture is just a guide image. Not sure why the art isn't matching up. I went through a lot of trouble getting all of the body parts to match up exactly so I wouldn't think that's the problem. I'm using Version 7. Any help is appreciated.

It looks like your problem is on your original images you have custom default pivot points set, and in the replacement images you do not. Make sure the default pivot points are in identical places for the original and replacement images, such as knee-joint, base of skull etc.

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• My thinking was that the new pictures would take on the custom pivot point because they were all the same size as the original art. Regardless, I'll just start over using the bones exclusively. Thanks for your help and all your work on the plugin.

-Ben

• My thinking was that the new pictures would take on the custom pivot point because they were all the same size as the original art. Regardless, I'll just start over using the bones exclusively. Thanks for your help and all your work on the plugin.

-Ben

You likely don't need to start over. There's a fast way to copy your pivot points to images of same name and same size. (if they are in a different sub-folder as the original images.)

look here : https://brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/ ... ffects.htm

At the bold text just before step 3

cheers.

-Mike at BrashMonkey

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please try what Mike said sman118, and if you think there's a bug preventing it from working, send us the project files to , so we can look into it.

Will it be possible to simply over-write the Spriter files in the c2 project folder each time, or will they have to be dropped into the c2 editor for this to work?

Yes, you will be able to overwrite the spritesheet and spriter files each time, rather than reimporting.

everyone asking about mesh deformation. Trust me, I understand your eagerness and/or frustration with the wait, as it's been on my personal wishlist since before I was working on Spriter. Unfortunately, even though it probably seems like mesh deformation is almost done as is, for various reasons it will instead be coming to Spriter 2, which is still in very early development (and for those who don't know, will be a free upgrade for owners of the current Spriter Pro).

Mesh deformation is just not quite as complete as it looks on the outside, and the amount of time it would take to complete it would delay the much more powerful, flexible, and performance tuned version that will be coming to Spriter 2. Thank you, everyone for your patience, and I apologize for the repeated delays. We will do our best to make sure it was worth the wait, and I will keep everyone up to date once we're close enough to start giving ETAs.

• ... and I will keep everyone up to date once we're close enough to start giving ETAs.

ETA for Spriter2 or has the announced performance update for Spriter(1) no ETA yet ?

• Spriter 2 (and thus mesh deformation) has no ETA. The performance update for the C2 plugin (for Spriter 1) should be out this week assuming no unforeseen setbacks.

• Ok, thanks for the clarification.

• lucid - looking forward to the update, sounds like you guys are really nailing down a lot of potential issues pretty quickly! would this potentially add the ability to use webgl effects?

• lucid - looking forward to the update, sounds like you guys are really nailing down a lot of potential issues pretty quickly! would this potentially add the ability to use webgl effects?

I thought we can always use it even from before?. I can easily use it on mine.

Use the effects on the family members of the spriter object in the family section of C2. Not the object itself.

Here's an example from my game

You can see the effects at work if you play the demo of my game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)