Sprite sheets

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • ""As for efficiency and performance, frames are packed into texture atlases when exporting anyway, so delaying the processing or not should be negligible.""

True but now C2 is importing a sheet, slicing, and then putting it all back into a sheet on export, so why bother XD; All this really does is give you extra space for image points and let you crop...meanwhile drastically increasing preview times and bloating your project with thousands of images & folders.

It makes the editor architecture simple. If the editor dealt with spritesheets and you edited a single image to be bigger, it could cause a cascade of spritesheet repacking, which affects many images instead of just the one you edited.

• It makes the editor architecture simple. If the editor dealt with spritesheets and you edited a single image to be bigger, it could cause a cascade of spritesheet repacking, which affects many images instead of just the one you edited.

Ah. I was just thinking of fixed-grid spritesheets like Pyxel Edit uses. If that's not the case, I assume C3 will take an approach similar to Unity's sprite atlases..? Will be interesting.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah. I was just thinking of fixed-grid spritesheets like Pyxel Edit uses. If that's not the case, I assume C3 will take an approach similar to Unity's sprite atlases..? Will be interesting.

In-editor spritesheeting is a goal of C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)