Slowdown in C2

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I'm using windows 8.1 on my new laptop and I'm running into a problem where Construct 2 becomes slow to respond to my inputs. Clicking and typing take forever to respond. This is happening within the editor itself, not a running game.

My laptop easily exceeds the minimum and recommended requirements, except that I appear to have an Intel video device, which the manual says it recommends not using. Could this be causing the slowdown?

• What version of C2? A memory leak was recently fixed in r191 - I had similar problems with lots of text objects in lots of layouts. All now fixed....

• R190. I don't have any text objects at all and I'm running 1 layout with less than a dozen objects.

• Do you have any webgl effects in your project? I've found that if I apply too many demanding effects, it can slow parts of the editor to a crawl, providing 'preview effects' is enabled.

• same problem for me, no webgl effects at all, it happens when i work during some hours, version 192.

it happens with any project, after some hours, BAM, C2 become sloooow, almost impossibel to click and work..

• Do you have any webgl effects in your project? I've found that if I apply too many demanding effects, it can slow parts of the editor to a crawl, providing 'preview effects' is enabled.

Nope. No WebGL effects present.

• it could be the intel card as you stated. Can you post what type it is? Also have you tried updating you Gfx card drivers and any other updates for your system?

• Same here after working for a long time with C2, the editor becomes unresponsive and slow.

I found a workaround though - when I start to feel the UI is getting sluggish, I change the skin/theme, that seems to force a refresh of the widgets and you're good to go for another few hours !

• it could be the intel card as you stated. Can you post what type it is? Also have you tried updating you Gfx card drivers and any other updates for your system?

Yes, I've tried all of that. I'd love to post what display adapter I have, but I can't seem to find any specific info. Both the control panel and DXDiagnostic just say it's an Intel(R) HD Graphics Family.

• Same here after working for a long time with C2, the editor becomes unresponsive and slow.

I found a workaround though - when I start to feel the UI is getting sluggish, I change the skin/theme, that seems to force a refresh of the widgets and you're good to go for another few hours !

I'll have to try that. Currently I either wait, or press Ctrl Alt Del and bring up the task manager. I don't actually do anything in the task manager, but bringing it up apparently clears my issue for a few minutes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'll try that as well, in case that helps in my case too !

• Have you tried r195? We recently fixed a memory leak causing the editor to slow down over time.

• Have you tried r195? We recently fixed a memory leak causing the editor to slow down over time.

I have not, but I will as soon as I have the time.

• r195 completely fixed the slowdown-over-time for me. Give it a shot.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)