SKI GAME

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
"Ski Thrills" is an exciting game that takes you into the exciting world of alpine skiing.
  • Hi Construct Experts,

I'm trying (and I mean TRYING) to make a simple ski game... but failing miserably... lol!

This simple touchscreen scroller has proven challenging for me and I'm either breaking it or spending too long on one thing!

issues:

1. player control - ideally, I would like player to move left/right - follow touch (but had issues trying to use touch.x / touch.y - so I created buttons instead.

2. SPEED control: - I've managed to control the scrolling background but getting the spawning tree's to behave at the same speed isn't working

* no touch - increase speed.

* Touch - decrease speed.

here is my capx http://robfreeman.co.uk/demo/skii.capx file.

I'd be grateful if an expert would provide some guidance as to how I fix this.

Regards,

Roberto

• I don't think you need an expert; just an extra pair of eyes (useful on any project). You can add an event to make the trees go at the right speed every tick:

System: Every Tick

tree: set angle -90

tree: set bullet speed to speed

I noticed another problem, though. If you move to the side long enough and get enough speed, you can have a wall of trees appear along the bottom of the screen.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi calebbennetts,

Thanks for your time and advice. It's an armature effort (I'm afraid)... the idea is to:

1. ski straight - speed increases

2. left or right - decreases speed and incoming trees.

not sure if Bullet is the right method for this as I've also tried TREE: self.Y = + speed * dt

but it doesn't seem to resolve it

• But are you doing that every tick?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)