Hey guys. I've got almost no past coding experiences so I'm having a difficult time thinking a solution for this.
2. I can't for the life of me let my character stop moving when he hits an object.
Here you are:
Bumping into the table from the Right side
go around to the right side of the table with your character, keep a 1-2 meters distance, then press "A" and go toward the table, bump into it.
To add another stop-command for the "S" key:
1. Click on the thin purple space under the event that says "S is DOWN" so the whole event _and_ the thin space below gets orange
2. Right-click that thin orange space
3. Select "Add sub-event"
4. Select your character sprite
5. Click Next
6. Select "Is overlapping another object"
8. Click to chose select the sprite "Pokedesk"
10. Add Action
11. Select your Main character sprite
12. Instance variables---> Set value Front 0
13. Press and hold CTRL and click on the "Set animation to Front_Stop below", drag it above--> under the new "Set value Front 0" command.
14. continue with the other directions.
Nice graphics, by the way.