Should notice 2% donation about Admob Ads official plugin

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • Ashley

I saw Construct2 was updated to r180.

AdMob Ads plugin for Crosswalk was added.

Scirra members and I very thanks for your work as other plugins you supported to us.

But I think you should provide notice 2% donation statement. (I think you didn't know about 2% donation statement)

I couldn't find such a notice in the r180 release note.

AdMob Ads plugin for Crosswalk uses AdMobPluginPro native plugin (com.google.cordova.admob)

The AdMobPluginPro native plugin's cordova repository is (I searched):

http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/com.google.cordova.admob

And you can see the following in the bottom:

"This AdMob Plugin Pro is published in a win-win partnership model:

2% Ad traffic will be shared, as return for the support and maintenance effort."

If scirra member knew later the fact that they are donating without notice, they may feel cheated.

Thanks

• Yeah, I forgot to mention that. I'll make sure it goes in the documentation when we get round to the manual entry. You still get 98% of the ad revenue and the plugin seems to work nicely otherwise so I guess it's OK. Writing our own plugin could get around the 2% share, but it would probably take a while and I think we'd rather move on to the next feature requests...

• What about people that sell the game to a sponsor that makes his profit with admob revenue? They might not like that at all and might be a problem for developers looking to sell their games. Uhm....

• Ashley

Ok

If so, no scirra members can choose whether donate 2% ad traffic to the native plugin's creator or not.

I want to donate my native and c2 admob plugin to scirra.

See who and which games/apps uses my native & c2 admob plugin :

I can support the native plugin and do not want 2% ad share.

See details about this:

Thanks

• if there's a 2% fee then the plugin is not free

• Thanks for sharing this info

If they are sharing 2% of the revenue does that mean they get to display 2% of the ads? Meaning we have no control over what ads are shown (I have filters set up in my Admob account to filter out a lot of undesirable ads)?

For me this is a big deal-breaker--I'll continue using the cranberrygame plugin which has worked fantastic. I'll keep that 2% thank you

• Thanks for sharing this info

If they are sharing 2% of the revenue does that mean they get to display 2% of the ads? Meaning we have no control over what ads are shown (I have filters set up in my Admob account to filter out a lot of undesirable ads)?

For me this is a big deal-breaker--I'll continue using the cranberrygame plugin which has worked fantastic. I'll keep that 2% thank you

Their code is basically a random 0-100, and if its <=2, it shows their banner instead of yours. That is EXACTLY what it means, its their advert so you have ZERO control (filters) on it.

That is a NO-GO and Scirra should have thought about the implications of this.

• I don't understand why this donation is necessary, as we've already payed for a license if we're making money with C2. I am having a really hard time understanding the logic of using this plugin. A donation should come from the user, not be forced upon him...

• Nice find This is really interesting. I think most people will have an issue with not being able to control the ads more than the 2%. Wonder if they are going to make any changes to this.

• Ashley , this is kinda disappointing decision. May I know whats wrong with cranberrygame version which does not have the 2% revenue share ?

May we know why you decides that the 2% revenue share version is better ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is having a confusion here, these 2% are not going to scirra, but to the developer of the plugin for the support that he will continue to provide (upgrades and patches). The link to the page where the plugin was caught, was already posted on the topic.

And this by the way is an excellent plugin, used by many developers who do not use the construct.

Using cocoonjs you lose much more money due to their system, but apparently a lot of people are easily offended here on the forum.

The scirra could have done differently, but it's no reason for you to feel cheated, at least be reasonable.

• We are being reasonable. We are asking why this version is much better or special compare to cranberry or other admob plugin? If there are 100% free plugin out there ,why scirra does not use it ?

• tumira

vitorfgd

rekjl

alvarop

russpuppy

bjadams

Let's make official Admob Ads plugin's free version

Go to this:

• It's a showstopper, unfortunately. I have content targeted for a preschool audience, I need filters, I can't have tits popping up.

Ashley I'd really prefer you to lay low on other features and implement this yourself, instead of the current solution.

• Is having a confusion here, these 2% are not going to scirra, but to the developer of the plugin for the support that he will continue to provide (upgrades and patches). The link to the page where the plugin was caught, was already posted on the topic.

And this by the way is an excellent plugin, used by many developers who do not use the construct.

Using cocoonjs you lose much more money due to their system, but apparently a lot of people are easily offended here on the forum.

The scirra could have done differently, but it's no reason for you to feel cheated, at least be reasonable.

It's not about the 2%, it's about the fact you cannot control what advert it shows, like you currently can with your own filters or block list. That 2% is THEIR banner, under their control.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)