Selling to other countries via google play, iTunes

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Hey all,

I am a United States based developer and so far have been limiting my apps distribution in the app stores due to not being able to find much info on the various rules for import/export/taxes, etc... for selling apps to other countries.

From what I have read it looks like Amazon, Google, etc... all convert it to US currency at the time of purchase so that it basically for me would count as a purchase from a US company. So now if that is correct, it should be fine for me to widen my distro to other markets and basically just select them all (other than the ones that require free apps or special certifications).

Do any other developers (US based would be good to hear from as well) have any experience with any tax or import/export rules due to allowing google/apple/MS to offer your apps to other countries via the online marketplace? I just don't want to make a mis-step here.

Thanks,

James

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • BluePhaze,

Important and interesting questions! I think that this is an outrageously complicated minefield that most people only pay lip service to. I'm based in the USA but pay UK taxes as a British national and corporation...

It looks like different US states have different taxation rules: wiki link but the "dormant commerce clause" might protect you from paying tax outside the state that you reside in.

Meanwhile, if you sell electronic goods to the EU then you need to register to pay VAT in one of the member states HM Revenue and Customs. That can cover selling goods across the EU, even if you are based outside the EU (I think).

My plan, if I ever make the next Angry Birds, is to hire a very good accountant and lawyer....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)