[SCIRRA!] PLEASE ADD SET ANGLE OF TILE MAP!

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • > Would it really? I haven't run across a device made in the last couple of years that doesn't support webgl. Allowing old technology to hold back new technology with a growing user base seems off.

>

Ehemmm....Canvas 2D is still supported more places & devices than WebGL than you think. I'll just tell you know, if Ashley does remove canvas2d support then anticipate the entire forum and bug section will be flooded like never before.

> And who's to say that the new tech can't support things the old tech doesn't?

>

Uhmm Ehemm...Stackoverflow.

> I'm just not following the train of thought that says "we can't do X because that would upset some people, even though not doing X holds everything back and upsets an increasingly larger number of people," but maybe I'm missing something?

>

Uhhhmmm.... Ashley is an entrepreneur, he thinks for the majority and as of now canvas2d is still needed by majority.

As a game developer, i would choose to make a game that is likely to be played by majority of players than those rarely are played by gamers by interest.

Nobody said anything about removing Canvas2D support. I said it doesn't follow to limit WebGL features because Canvas2D doesn't support them. If people want to use those features, they can use WebGL - which is supported on modern devices worldwide if we're talking about mobile, and if we're talking about desktop, limiting available features to what's available on old mobile hardware makes even less sense. I also pointed out historical precedent - in games - for shifting support from an older technology to a newer one, and how it's been done smoothly in the past (and by competing products). As for what Stackoverflow says - that has nothing to do with anything.

• We can probably drop canvas2d support in the near future, but right now it means dropping support for IE9/IE10 and more importantly a percentage of users with blacklisted graphics drivers, which is probably still around 5% of Chrome users and possibly higher for other browsers.

I would rather wait until then simply so we don't need to reimplement the same features in a soon-to-be-dead technology with some really annoying aspects (e.g. the way tiling works in canvas2d is totally braindead), and so we don't cause a whole string of "why does my game randomly break on a small number of systems" issues, which will be a massive pain for everybody. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean it won't be a big problem for others, especially if there's no clear reason a particular feature wouldn't work sometimes. It would be better to pull the plug in one go and simply require WebGL at some point, so the game either works correctly, or doesn't start. Then at the same time we can add some other WebGL-only features that we've been putting off.

• Ashley I tired using the pin thing but when you move around the character the other objects relocated on the object they're pinned to in a similar way to a magnet.

How would someone create a game where they could build things on the vehicle in real time where each block making up that vehicle has it's own health value?

• Taser You have the main sprite that you control. When you attach/pin another sprite to it, give that sprite a variable that has the main sprite's UID.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Taser You have the main sprite that you control. When you attach/pin another sprite to it, give that sprite a variable that has the main sprite's UID.

Yeah the problem with that is if you spin the object that has things attached to it the things attached will move around oddly like a magnet and become out of place.

• We can probably drop canvas2d support in the near future, but right now it means dropping support for IE9/IE10 and more importantly a percentage of users with blacklisted graphics drivers, which is probably still around 5% of Chrome users and possibly higher for other browsers.

I would rather wait until then simply so we don't need to reimplement the same features in a soon-to-be-dead technology with some really annoying aspects (e.g. the way tiling works in canvas2d is totally braindead), and so we don't cause a whole string of "why does my game randomly break on a small number of systems" issues, which will be a massive pain for everybody. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean it won't be a big problem for others, especially if there's no clear reason a particular feature wouldn't work sometimes. It would be better to pull the plug in one go and simply require WebGL at some point, so the game either works correctly, or doesn't start. Then at the same time we can add some other WebGL-only features that we've been putting off.

Hello, this post is 2 years old but ... OpenGL has already been adopted and the tilemap object can not vary its angle, could you implement this ?.

• This is a Construct 2 thread; at this point no new features will be added to C2. Please post any suggestions for C3 to https://construct3.ideas.aha.io/.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)