Resolution/aspect ratio for android potrait mode still game?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I couldn't explain well in the title but what I'm basically asking is: which resolution/aspect ratio should I target for an android game that plays in a still screen (the camera doesn't move) and is designed for potrait mode?

What "options" (scaling, export mode, etc) should I avoid and what should I use instead to get the best framerate?

Any advice on how to maximize physics performance?

I know there's plenty of tutorials, but I don't really know which one would be best for what I'm describing...a link to a good tut would be fine

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Everything between 4:3 and 16:9

So using a 16:9 layout and centering your scroll, making sure your background reaches the 4:3 aspect ratio should work..

You could also choose to use a square layout and distributing your HUD by using the anchor behaviour..

• Everything between 4:3 and 16:9

So using a 16:9 layout and centering your scroll, making sure your background reaches the 4:3 aspect ratio should work..

You could also choose to use a square layout and distributing your HUD by using the anchor behaviour..

I don't quite understand everything you said since I'm new, but I'll try to learn and do as you said Thanks.

edit: no wait. I think I understood it all by just re-reading lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)