Request: Steam plugin

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Awesome, thanks for releasing it for others to use! :)

• Great news! Super excited to see if Ashley can integrate this with C2 soon! As first time devs who were recently Greenlit, we are definitely way out of our comfort zone when it comes to working with the Steamworks API.

• +1 on this. Steamworks api integration would be great. 8)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump for this. Hopefully it will be completely mature when I get my first game on Steam (?).

So, can any tutorials be made about this? Or is this easy enough?

• Ashley Any update on whether C2 will be working on a Steam plugin? We launched Our Darker Purpose on Steam today and there's been some disappointment with the lack of Steam achievements. :(

• I don't know if this can help your or not but GreenHeartGames made public their html5 > steamworks module here:

github.com/greenheartgames/greenworks

As a non-coder, I don't know what to do with it. But maybe you could, so...

• Ohh! I didn't know Our Darker Purpose was a C2 game!!! That's so cool!!! I love it!

As for that link, it's all Greek to me. I appreciate the effort they put into it but I wouldn't know where to begin.

• Ashley I'm sorry to ask you directly, and I think you've seen the thread about Steam already. And if the answer is no, no big deal.

But I have to ask: will there be a Steam plug-in in the next months?

I'm not begging, I just need to know if I will have to hire someone to do the steam integration.

I'm not talking about workshop or cloud saves, only achievements. I already have a publisher for my work-in-progress game, and we are talking about that kind of costs and I don't know what to answer.

An official statement would be very useful to plan my next moves.

• They're having trouble with hiring people, so it'll probably be quite a while before anything like this is done. There's other things they'd rather focus on, multiplayer, wii etc.

• Yea, that's really unfortunate. Got a response from Ashley indicating as much today.

• Thanks a billion for sharing!

Now I know I will have to hire someone.

What will you do, will you hire someone to add achievements support to your game too, or leave it this way?

I think every game dev planning to release their games on Steam should share this C2 > Steam process details, so we can find a solution together.

I would happily share the costs for a C2 plug in, if someone here think he's able to make it.

(I already have 2 games I worked on on Steam, but it was made with XNA, and I didn't handle the code on it, so I don't have a clue on how to do so)

• We are looking into it with a bit more detail, but are not 100% sure what we're going to do. Still lots of other things keeping us super busy.

• a Steam plugin would be great!

• Has anyone worked with the greenworks that could give a quick "for dummies" explanation of implementing achievements in a Node-Webkit C2 project?

• Hey everyone, if you're glad this plugin exists, and if you want it to be updated, please consider donating to the people who made it for us : )

greenheartgames: "Greenworks 0.3 was a direct reaction to the requests from the community and not motivated by our own needs. "

Only five people did, which is very low. If you can, this sounds like a nice thing to do to thank them!

https://pledgie.com/campaigns/27218

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)