REQUEST - Please make few CranberryGame's Plugins Official

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi Ashley,

As you already know cranberrygame has decided to stop updating his plugin as he would like to concentrate on other opportunities. And only have paid updates based on requests by users.

Most of us here have been able to Monetize our games or add RICH features to it only with help of CranberryGame's plugin. If he stops updating his plugin we will all be left in dark and honestly will have very little motivation to create & monetize games using C2

Recently Intel XDK stopped supporting CLI3.x, meaning all older plugins will no longer work on CW15 (which I believe has better performace on mobiles) Plus if we stick lesser version CLI, the Music does not work!

Hence I request you to please consider giving few of his plugins an official status similar to teh AdMob plugin.

Here are some Plugins that really officially needs to be part of C2 :

1. CranberryGame IAP plugin (Supports multiple platform and most importantly has feature to CONSUME product which is not available in official IAP plugin. Without a CONSUME function, we can not sell Consumable products in our game. Again leading to less ways to monetize when we stick to official IAP)

2. CranberryGame "Game" Plugin: I know C2 has its own Game Center and Google Play service plugin. But here we have a single plugin that seemlessly handle both platforms, why not make it official so that we all can work with a single Plugin than have a complex code to handle multiple Plugins or in most cases multiple versions for each platform)

3. Google Analytics: This probably is a low priority plugin for most. But it really helps us Devs to track the usage of our game on bith Android and iOS platform. This could really help many by becoming part of C2 package!!

4. Any other Plugin that makes our C2 games feature rich is welcome move!

C2 Devs who agree or disagree, please share your thoughts too

• C2 Devs who agree or disagree, please share your thoughts too

I haven't used any of the plugins above, but there has been several requests to include plugins offically (like MoveTo or Canvas). However there wasn't any offical statement about this, so it would be nice to at least know: Can we expect some plugins to be integrated? If not, why is that (not that I'm forcing it, I just want to know out of curiosity).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This could be a great idea!

• We are full steam ahead on C3 development and it's not ideal to divert resources away from that to work on someone else's plugins. We'd rather third party developers can keep maintaining their plugins, and did offer to pay for the maintenance of the AdMob plugin in this case, but it did not seem to be a well-received idea. So I feel a little caught out by this. I think the best way forward is to suggest any specific features you need and have them integrated in to official features. For example adding the consume feature to the official IAP plugin, instead of dealing with some of the difficult copyright and maintenance implications of trying to ship third party code in a commercial product.

• We are full steam ahead on C3 development and it's not ideal to divert resources away from that to work on someone else's plugins. We'd rather third party developers can keep maintaining their plugins, and did offer to pay for the maintenance of the AdMob plugin in this case, but it did not seem to be a well-received idea. So I feel a little caught out by this. I think the best way forward is to suggest any specific features you need and have them integrated in to official features. For example adding the consume feature to the official IAP plugin, instead of dealing with some of the difficult copyright and maintenance implications of trying to ship third party code in a commercial product.

Thank you for responding!!

I understand that you are a small team dedicated to bringing us the best of Construct 2 and I have complete faith that C3 will take this to next level!

I have bought the whole pack of plugins from Cranberrygame and was never disappointed. I hope Plugin developers like him would continue supporting their work till we have good amount of Official plugins to fill the gap.

And yes adding some of these features into Official Plugins would be the best thing! Infact I have requested for IAP Consume feature in the past.

If you can add this to official IAP, we can have single version Project for most of the platform (right now I have 2 versions for Windows and Android! )

Similarly if Google Play and Game Center and be combined into one Plugin similar to CranBerrygame's Game Plugin, then we again have less code (and versions) to manage. Also, I think there is an extra step required with Official Google Play when it is build for Cordova. This extra step is somehow not required in his Plugin.

• Ashley

Everybody have different needs, but I would like to specify a few plugins that I consider that should be included by default in C2/C3:

Pode HTML Pack - Since is an HTML5 engine, these functions should be included by default

LiteTween - Very useful for smoothing menus and in-game movement

Paster - Useful in many ways and mandatory if you want to create a split-screen game

Other nice plugins (but not as important as the above): Mode 7 and Magicam

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)