Releasing Source

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Source File, music and art pack for Android Negotiator
  • I'm thinking of releasing my game Brute

with the Construct 2 project file so people can mod the game / do whatever they like with the assets as part of the purchase. But I'm thinking that folk won't have the paid version of construct so won't be able to open it (has way more than 100 events). So I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas of the best way of presenting this?

Maybe I could sell the project files separately on the store but give folk who buy the game outside this site a key with their purchase? That way they're directed to this site etc

Or I guess just bundling in the source in a folder with the build of the game with a readme would probably be enough. Another thought it to just put the source up online for free which basically means anyone with construct can play the whole game through the editor if they wanted, which I wouldn't mind at all but it may undermine the purchase price of the Steam version.

Anyway just thinking aloud, would welcome any thoughts on this.

Cheers!

• maybe using "include" ?

btw cool game!!!

• I would love to see that Capx , love your style.

I would just say not to worry about the paid version issue, just make it very clear it requires the paid version to edit/open it themselves?

• maybe using "include" ?

btw cool game!!!

Thanks, what's "include" ?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would love to see that Capx , love your style.

I would just say not to worry about the paid version issue, just make it very clear it requires the paid version to edit/open it themselves?

Yeah I probably shouldn't worry about it just use a readme.

• But I'm thinking that folk won't have the paid version of construct so won't be able to open it (has way more than 100 events).

The free edition can open larger projects, and preview them. You just can't edit or export them.

• > But I'm thinking that folk won't have the paid version of construct so won't be able to open it (has way more than 100 events).

>

The free edition can open larger projects, and preview them. You just can't edit or export them.

Ah okay cool.

• I think you should bundle the source with the game for your customers if you really want to share it, just state that they can open and play it, but they require the paid version of C2 to edit it. This shouldn't be a problem since you are selling the game and the source is just an extra they get.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)