Recording gameplay issue (NWjs, youtubers)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
11 fun gameplay beats created with vintage synth sounds
  • Well, reality check then.

We're not getting a native export.

Fraps hasn't been updated since 2013. No idea of what the paid versions get.

Getting people to update third party software isn't viable anyway.

Am I all caught up?

The options are:

Self recording.

Exporting to a platform that can be recorded, such as Edge, W10 Uap, Firefox, etc. Did someone say demo?

Using third party software that can be pointed at the correct instance, such as Obs.

If you can't work with that then I am sorry, and perhaps you should just give up.

• Well, reality check then.

We're not getting a native export.

Fraps hasn't been updated since 2013. No idea of what the paid versions get.

Getting people to update third party software isn't viable anyway.

Am I all caught up?

The options are:

Self recording.

Exporting to a platform that can be recorded, such as Edge, W10 Uap, Firefox, etc. Did someone say demo?

Using third party software that can be pointed at the correct instance, such as Obs.

If you can't work with that then I am sorry, and perhaps you should just give up.

I must say that encouraging to give up on fixing C2 problem by C2 user is at least weird. Why would we? I love this engine and I want to be able to build fully working PC games. If there are chances I can do it - I'll give it a shot. I personally think that it should be more Ashley's concern than mine, but as he's not really interested in fixing this one, I'll give it a try. I much rather fail than not to try.

Also there is still a hope that NW.js team can fix it as I mentioned here. Flickering issue is already reported, so we'll see.

If both flickering and recording issues will not be fixed. Then another solution will be switching from NW.js to Electron. But we will need a bunch of new plugins for that. armaldio is currently working on those: http://armaldio.xyz/electron-plugin and it might turn out to be our future. I already tested the Electron build (provided by Armaldio) of capx from flickering bug report and I had no flickering there, so it looks promising so far.

• For what it's worth, Hypercam works with NWjs. Everyone uses OBS these days, though.

I mean, if some recorders work with NWjs and others don't then I would have to agree with Ashley and say they're at fault, not C2 or NWjs. Hypercam's doing something right. Framerate still sucks though.

• Just a little note about the custom Electron exporter:

Construct 2 free edition users are

NOT

allowed to use the Electron desktop exporting method and its plugins!

Please make sure that you own a personal or business license, if you don't own one of those two you are violating the rules (section: B) of the licensing agreement.

People that want to test out the beta plugins made by Armaldio, feel free to join our discord server and visit the "electron-export" channel for more information.

We will soon create a topic in the C2 forums that should give you an insight on everything.

Thanks and sorry that we interrupted this topic, we don't want to get into any legal issues with Scirra.

~Armaldio & Testers

• TheRealDannyyy

Cool, thanks

• Hi,

Recording fullscreen at 1920x1080nkx@48fps https://www.dropbox.com/s/wy6t92e15ynns ... 2.flv?dl=0

Nw.js 0.18.5.

Regards,

• Hi,

Recording fullscreen at 1920x1080nkx@48fps https://www.dropbox.com/s/wy6t92e15ynns ... 2.flv?dl=0

Nw.js 0.18.5.

Regards,

Can you provide some more details please?

* What screen recorder have you used?

* What chromium options apart of the default ones?

* Have you launched the screen redorder first or the app?

Thanks

• [quote:35866d1a]* What screen recorder have you used?

OBS 1.15

[quote:35866d1a]* What chromium options apart of the default ones?

I used your capx not modified

[quote:35866d1a]* Have you launched the screen redorder first or the app?

Tried both

OBS setting:

base resolution (canvas) 1920x1080

output resolution 1920x1080

fps : 48

windows capture by exe name

• Ah, yes with OBS it works we know that as OBS gives you possibility to precisely select the source.

Still could you tell if you use any non default chromium options. By chromium options I mean the chromium-args section in package-win.json file. Do you use any other than those:

"chromium-args": "--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist"[/code:1zd0ubau]

Thanks
  • "chromium-args": "--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist"[/code:23nwla5i]

same than yours

Additionnal note: I don't test on steam game but I guess it works because I found gameplay video of game created with C2 on youtube or community hub (nw.j 14/17/18)
  • "chromium-args": "--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --disable-software-rasterizer --ignore-gpu-blacklist"[/code:273hc5oq]

same than yours

Additionnal note: I don't test on steam game but I guess it works because I found gameplay video of game created with C2 on youtube or community hub (nw.j 14/17/18)

Alright, thank you for testing.

Yes it is possible. No one said it is not possible. It is possible if you use OBS and set it up correctly, it is also possible with some other recorders if you launch app and recorder in proper sequence (well that works sometimes, kinda randomly).

Let me paste part of my conversations with few youtubers who managed to record my game gameplay.

== Youtuber 1

He was not able to record the gameplay, still he didn't give up and ended up using a trick and record a video.

== Youtuber 2

This youtuber gave negative review on Steam after playing 0.1h (so 6 minutes).

Part of his review was

it's in Russian, but when you put it to Google Translator it's understandable. He says that the game is bugged and impossible to record.

I doubt he played those 6minutes. I believe he was trying to record the game and got simply frustrated so just left a negative review.

== Youtuber/Streamer 3

This one contacted me telling he has recording problems. I asked him to try to launch the app first and then the recording software.

I have more complaints on my emails somewhere. Those were just easy to find. I don't want to spend too much time searching for all of them now, but I think it's clear even with those few examples. After all I had several letsplay videos from few youtubers out of 69 youtubers who were willing to record the game. Those small unknown YT guys will spend some time to find out the way. But any bigger youtuber will obviously not bother at all as he has a long list of games in his queue.

So after all it is possible to record the gameplay, but not that easy with most of the recording software.

I hope that clears things out.

• That paragraph from Streamer 3. mmmhm

Imagine what "Twitch ready" would do for sales.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That paragraph from Streamer 3. mmmhm

Imagine what "Twitch ready" would do for sales.

Really? Out of the whole post this one paragraph interested you the most? The important part on this screen is "that does solve my recording issues".

BTW: He was refering to being on the Twitch apps list (or not). You cannot stream a game which is not on that list so he was just encouraging to add the game to the list.

• This whole thing is pretty worrisome- I'm glad there are people pushing this matter. I know that I have had issues with capturing video of my games in the past.

• "Really? Out of the whole post this one paragraph interested you the most? The important part on this screen is "that does solve my recording issues"."

Sure. Twitch is the new Youtube.

Or as TheRealDannyyy might say "welcome to the 20's"

Actually it's way better to stream something you have control over than trying to get something that wasn't meant to be recorded changed.

And like I said it can be a selling point.

Think about it, handing out the game for free to people who are only interested in their bottom line is a terrible business plan.

Always bypass the middleman when you can.

Edit:

Also Ashley Twitch streaming?

Can we do that?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)