Question for platform behavior expert

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Hello, I want to emulate this control that appears in the video:

In the control of the video there is no physics in the jumps.

However, in the behavior platform there is physical (gravity) and I think it can not be disabled.

The question is:

Could you use platform behavior to emulate the control of the video character?

Or should I emulate it without using platform behavior?

• You want to be able to sort-of float, and fall more slowly?

• Using the platform behavior allows you to set various parameters including the jump strength of your character and the gravity's influence on him. According to what I see in the video I'm pretty sure you can make a similar thing with the platform behavior if you adjust the said parameters correctly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Okay, I'll try, I'm not sure it's possible.

Another question, I think the sprite should fall into the gap but it does not.

What is your opinion?.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/platformBehavior.capx

• You can do it using the platform behavior and perhaps a couple variables for the floating. As far as not fitting into the box, you just need to move the bounding box of your player sprite in a pixel or two. This is why most people will use an invisible player box with their player animations pined to it.

• You can do it using the platform behavior and perhaps a couple variables for the floating. As far as not fitting into the box, you just need to move the bounding box of your player sprite in a pixel or two. This is why most people will use an invisible player box with their player animations pined to it.

Thanks for the information, I'm right now with that.

Regarding the other, I think it should fall without needing to change anything.

• It cannot fall because of the collision check algorithm within the plugin. Any floating point x position that puts the left or right bounding box corners over a Solid and the platform object cannot fall.

• It cannot fall because of the collision check algorithm within the plugin. Any floating point x position that puts the left or right bounding box corners over a Solid and the platform object cannot fall.

Thanks, I already adapted the collision box so that the sprite falls into the gap.

How can I detect when there is a solid just above the sprite?

I have seen "Is by wall" but this is only for left or right, and to check above ?.

• You could try pinning an invisible sprite above the sprite and check if that is overlapping a solid object or not.

• You could try pinning an invisible sprite above the sprite and check if that is overlapping a solid object or not.

Does not the equivalent of "Is by wall" exist?

Well, if that's an option, thanks for the info.

• Hi, I can not get the ceiling to be detected using this calculation, what am I doing wrong ?.

The tilemap should not be altered, the tilemap is smaller than the layout, it should be.

What I want is to detect the ceiling above the sprite but the calculations are not being correct, I do not understand why.

Someone knows?.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60803633/testDetectarTile.capx

• Need to translate position to index. Besides that i think you need to check both corners.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb3se1184awet ... .capx?dl=0

• Need to translate position to index. Besides that i think you need to check both corners.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb3se1184awet ... .capx?dl=0

Thanks! This is what I was looking for but ... why does not my formula work ?.

In other engines I have used it and it worked.

I'm checking the two corners but this was just a test to show the question.

• I'm pretty sure that's what I did in one of my games in the past. I made it 2x2 pixels or something and then just had it always follow above the player to detect overlaps.

• (sprite.y / 8 ) has no offset. ((sprite.y / 8 ) - 1) could work.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)