Question about selling games

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hello

I need to ask something about the selling part.

I have one client who is interested to commission me to make a game for him wich he will basicaly then own for own webpage and maybe commercial purposes.

So he basicaly gets all the files of the made game.

Can I do this with a personal license?

• "The Personal license

All the free edition limits are removed with a Personal license. However, the rules for commercial use are different for individuals and organisations.

Individuals may use a standard license for commercial purposes up to a revenue limit of $5000. Once revenues associated with creations made with Construct 2 exceed $5000 (including associated advertising/promotion) a business license must be purchased. However, no business license is necessary before that point.

Not-for-profit organisations like schools, libraries and universities may use personal licenses to remove the free edition limits. Bulk discounts are available.

Commercial organisations cannot purchase standard licenses: they must purchase business licenses."

I'm pretty sure you can.

• Iam aware of the $5000 limit, wich is why I ask if it counts when the sold game migh be used by its new owner for posible commecrial uses and still effects my license?

Or should I just make an agreement with him to have the game for personal use for example?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you have a personal edition license, you can make games for other people if they commission you to do so. The amount they pay you goes towards your $5k limit.

The client who purchased the game from you can do with it as they wish.

Feel free to email licensehelppds@scirra.com for answers to specific questions, we're always happy to clarify.

• Thankyou :D

In that case I can find a bunch of ppl who will be interested to commission such work and I get a better chance to spread the world about construct2 :)

• Miu3 I have a question for you.

The game commisions that you are getting. Does that also include the you doing the art assets? I would go commision also, but I can't really draw or do art assets in a professional manner.

• As far it seems, Ill be doing the graphics aswell. Originaly I made a animated clip for him based on his book and now he asks me to do also a platformer type of game for it. If you are looking for clients to do commission for them, you can try elance. It is a really neat place :D

Some project require just the game making while the client provides the graphic made by other artist.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)