Question about families and creating objects

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hi,

I have a question about creating objects and then triggernig On Created. Basically, if have different enemies, all in one family, if let's say I create enemy10 will then On Family Enemies created will work for that particular object? And what if I create number of different enemies at the same time? Thx

• Hi,

I have a question about creating objects and then triggernig On Created. Basically, if have different enemies, all in one family, if let's say I create enemy10 will then On Family Enemies created will work for that particular object? And what if I create number of different enemies at the same time? Thx

All objects that are part of the family will trigger both there object and family On created event. Since "On created" is a trigger it will trigger for each object so this shouldn't be a problem if you spawn more at the same time, as they will be handled individually.

The priority of triggering the "On created" is object first then family. So family settings will overwrite the object settings.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Hi,

>

> I have a question about creating objects and then triggernig On Created. Basically, if have different enemies, all in one family, if let's say I create enemy10 will then On Family Enemies created will work for that particular object? And what if I create number of different enemies at the same time? Thx

>

All objects that are part of the family will trigger both there object and family On created event. Since "On created" is a trigger it will trigger for each object so this shouldn't be a problem if you spawn more at the same time, as they will be handled individually.

The priority of triggering the "On created" is object first then family. So family settings will overwrite the object settings.

Thx!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)