Problem with running project [solved]

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hello,

I am working on an infinite runner game, which is pretty new for me. But I don't know if my problem comes from inexperience. This is how my game works right now:

In my runner game the player runs over Platforms (Tiledbackground). These Platforms repeat themselves, so it's infinite. For the challenging part, the player has to jump over Puddles with water (also Tiledbackground). Puddles spawn randomly, but only after a Platform, so that they don't overlap. After a Puddle the Platforms continue until a new Puddle spawns. The Platforms and Puddles that are outside the screen get destroyed.

The whole concept I mentioned above works fine when I run the project in debug mode, but it doesn't when running in normal browser mode. A platform spawns, a gap appears, another platform spawns and then it just stops. I can't figure out what the problem is because it's working perfectly in debug mode! I don't get any error messages or something.

This is the .capx: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2obyguesn6gue9c/Adventure%20Runner.capx?dl=0

Any idea how I can solve this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It might be the different speeds at which it's playing are determining when it respawns a platform.

Perhaps try respawning on the distance the platform has traveled instead, that way you can control the width of the gap. ("distance traveled" is a value under bullet, you can use in in a System "compare two values")

I've never done one of these, perhaps someone has a better method for platform timing.

• It might be the different speeds at which it's playing are determining when it respawns a platform.

Perhaps try respawning on the distance the platform has traveled instead, that way you can control the width of the gap.

I've never done one of these, perhaps someone has a better method for platform timing.

Thank you so much! I tried what you said and it works perfectly! I don't why it would run in different speed, but I'll just blame internet. At least I can go on now. Problem solved!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)