Priority of events when including sheets?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Hello World,

Lets say that my main layout(the one the game starts at) has some on start of layout events at the begining of it's event sheet and olso has one(or more) included event sheets, and these included event sheets olso have on start of layout events in them.

In what order to these events/actions get executed?

Thank you.

• In the order they are included, the last being the master (Main, in your case).

• So first the on start of layout events from the included event sheets, and last the on start of layout from the sheet they are included in blackhornet ?

That's horrible.... it's gonna completely mess up my load game event... pffff

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's correct. (Hey I'm just the messenger )

• So first the on start of layout events from the included event sheets, and last the on start of layout from the sheet they are included in blackhornet ?

That's horrible.... it's gonna completely mess up my load game event... pffff

just move the includes below the events in the main sheet.

• That doesn't work. Just tried it.

• Yeah well the messenger get's shot blackhornet , now where did I put my slingshot?!

Pffff, and I was finding it fairly impossible to used the damn save/load game functions properly as it was. This brings a whole new level of challenge which I'm not sure I'm ready for....

I don't even wanna think about what hell AAA game designers have to go through. And yeah, I know, it's pretty stupid to compare C2 to what they use... still must be pretty complicated for them.

Anyway, thanks guys, sigh.

• You could put your main events into another include file, and just have includes in the main sheet, then order them appropriately?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)