Pop-Up Window Issue in IDE

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Relax and relieve stress by popping bubbles in Fidget Anti- Stress Releaser!
  • In any project on my Windows 8.1 laptop, when I select an option that requires a pop-up window (object selector, color selector, etc.), the pop-up window always gets spawned in the center of the screen. The pop-up window positions aren't even being set within a session. For instance, in the sprite editor, if I move the color selector pop-up window, then select image points, then go back to color selector, it still spawns in the center.

Example: Pop-Up Window Issue Example

This is using C2 V168, but it happens with older versions too.

I have tried everything i can think of, including:

• reset dialogs
    • uninstall and re-install C2
    • uninstall C2, clean all references to C2 off of the hard drive (including AppData) and in the registry, then re-install C2
    • Uninstall all applications installed on the laptop since the issue started

Nothing helps. I know this is not a C2 issue, because it works fine on other PCs. I was just wondering if anyone has any insight into registry setting--or whatever is causing this--which I can look at to resolve the issue.

I'm sure that the pop-up window spawn location is set somewhere in the registry, and I'm thinking the key is either corrupt or somehow got set to read-only, but I can't figure out where to look.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

• Ashley, any ideas?

• is this on dual screen, single screen...? i noticed when I use dual screen I get similar and weird behaviour

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • , good catch! I only have this issue on my laptop when I have multiple monitors attached. I guess I have never tested for the issue when the laptop was on its own.

So that narrows the issue down to the multi-monitor driver. Do mind if I ask what version of Windows, and what video card you're running?

Thanks!

• I am on windows 8.1 and it is a intel hd4000 i believe. It is on a mac boot camped. I got so annoyed with the dual monitor issue with construct I now only use my main monitor and i shut my laptop.

• I finally figured out how to solve this issue, and I thought i would update this post, in case it is of use to someone else in the future.

I had to change a setting in the AMD Control Center: In the Start --> Desktops and Display --> HydraVision --> Desktop Manager section, under Dialog Control, disable Dialog Re-positioning.

Thanks to for a push in the right direction.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)