Pixel collision & Image data

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Data+ is the best Data Management solution for Construct 3. It contains 4 Addons (Plugin & Behavior).
  • Hi,

I would like to know if it is planned to implement:

1. Per pixel collision

2. Dynamical image data modification

Thanks

• You mean like getting the pixel information of an image into an array and than modifying it somehow? I used to use this information in XNA for accurate pixel based collision, however it involves a lot of math via matrixes (is the plural matrii?) and I really doubt it would be used in majority of projects with C2.

Maybe a plugin?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, to do a game like Worms. The level is a .png and when you shoot on the image, you remove a circle part. I need to access the image data directly at runtime and update the .png.

I started my game with Unity 3D:

consultationmagaliederouin.com/soupmouBonneAnnee/

But I can't make it work on IPhone without paying tons of certificates and licences. So Construct seems a good alternative.

Here javascript code for per pixel collision:

playmycode.com/blog/2011/08/javascript-per-pixel-html5-canvas-image-collision-detection/

• gbataille

You may be find THIS thread useful.

Pixel-by-pixel destructible terrain without plugins. Especially useful is R0j0hound's last example.

• Well that's a ingenious hack... So I'll have to make a Image plugin then...

But I'm new to Construct so can you tell me, where is the data for the tilemap in this project?

Thanks

• gbataille

You mean the .js code for it? It's at

C:\Program Files\Construct 2\exporters\html5\plugins\tilemap

Or wherever you installed C2.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)