PhoneGap gives only ARM build

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own beautiful snowman in this fun game!
  • Since XDK is closing it's doors in the near future I wanted to try out alternatives to build my apps. I tried PhoneGap and I feel really confused. Either I'm too stupid to find my way around the website or it doesn't provide almost any settings for my project. Is it just that simple export-upload-get apk system, with no settings?

But my bigger concern is that it only builds APK for ARM architecture. I belong to the minority of the users who have an x86 based Android phone, so I can't test my project. Can someone point me to the right direction? What did I miss?

• From a quick search it appears that it must be done via a plug, and using crosswalk.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2242261

• From a quick search it appears that it must be done via a plug, and using crosswalk.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2242261

I found that thread as well, but since there are no options available at PhoneGap, I have no idea how to add a plugin or use crosswalk to build.

• who said intelxdk will close their doors? from what it looks on their official website and product development their here to stay. i couldn't find anything related to intel xdk being drop'd anytime soon. am i out of loop? :O

by retiring is this what you meant? (XDK will focus on IoT Apps)

P.S i think you could get the same cordova compiler from GitHub if im not mistaken i still have a small compiler in my pc around here pulled from GitHub, it makes all html5 games into APK ready to be signed with android SDK which once you got the apk is easy to sign it. and it doesn't give u a arm or x86 but 1 apk that works on both, like how cordova was doing when intelxdk was a new choice for C2. (not sure if you remember that).

Edited: so my choice would be this one here ht5ml to native apk if intelxdk would drop the android support compiler solution they have.

i hope my input help if not, sorry i have no clue!

P.P.S and the good part on my solution is that you can improve it also as you want if you know JS - plus are benefits and i kinda cant see a downside to it... once you set a certification signature for android SDK no limit on how many APK u can export, plus alteration of the source code without any limitations, of course there is that where nobody will probably pick it up and support it since the original maker, seems to have drop'd it for some years now. but i think would still be a good tool to have until something better pop's up. (yes i tested it, a few times needed a apk and intelxdk was offline for update or something. and was working perfect, however i only used the unsigned apk since i only needed to test things on mobile and not publish).

to use it just follow the official quick instruction

[quote:1j7m9vbb]Quick Instructions

Wipe the contents of the directory 'html5' and put your own app there. Image folders, javascript, whatever you want. There should be a file 'index.html'. The default app is Chris Wilson's WebAudio API synth.

Now run go.bat. An application called app.signed.aligned.apk will be generated and you can install and run it on your phone. The APK is quite big because it includes a cutting edge version of the chromium browser, with asm js, WebGL and WebAudio.

• who said intelxdk will close their doors? from what it looks on their official website and product development their here to stay. i couldn't find anything related to intel xdk being drop'd anytime soon. am i out of loop? :O

First, thank you for your suggestion.

I based my statement about XDK on this topic:

• > who said intelxdk will close their doors? from what it looks on their official website and product development their here to stay. i couldn't find anything related to intel xdk being drop'd anytime soon. am i out of loop? :O

>

First, thank you for your suggestion.

I based my statement about XDK on this topic:

well it seems your not in need of another serivice man. all they said, is they removed cordova cloud service, but they will provide us the cordova SLI or whatever is called to still wrap games but offline or standalone not with their clouding service. which makes more sense.

here is a quote

[quote:6pk6tmx4]Significant changes as part of this release include:

Updated the underlying Node-Webkit runtime (0.18.9).

Simulate tab is now based on Chromium 54 (due to the NW update).

The built-in Brackets editor has been updated to the latest version.

Samples have been updated to support Intel® Gateway IoT development platforms.

Improved IoT daemon installation, especially for newer Intel IoT platforms.

Export to Cordova CLI or PhoneGap Build feature. <--- the original was cloud-compiling, now everybody is going to make it on their own, and intel said will provide us with tutorials and documentation step by step, to get same results but without their intelxdk.

i think is for the best.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well, I hope you are right. I'm looking forward to the offline build documentations Intel will provide.

• If anyone is interested: I'm using Cocoon.io now with WebView (not with WebView+). It builds flawlessly for ARM and x86 and even lets me to use a custom splash screen for free. I recommend that service to anyone. It has options as well for your project and with APK Signer I got my .APK files ready to publish.

• have you checked out this thread?

I've heard for a while now that XDK and cocoon.io both had pros and cons... but seems like we are left with only one choice now.. (at least until 2018)

• jobel Thanks for sharing, I'm going to read that tonight.

• Hi...i am a new user here.As per my knowledge you could get the same cordova compiler from GitHub if im not mistaken i still have a small compiler in my pc around here pulled from GitHub, it makes all html5 games into APK ready to be signed with android SDK which once you got the apk is easy to sign it.

percentagescalculator.com

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)