PhoneGap Build for Windows Phone 8

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your own beautiful snowman in this fun game!
  • Apparently PhoneGap Build now supports Windows Phone 8. Has anyone tried it?

I'm curious to know how it compares to our Visual Studio-based WP8 exporter. Is the performance the same and does it work OK?

Note Windows Phone 8 doesn't suffer the same "PhoneGap slowdown" problem as iOS and Android: it should still have a hi-performance hardware-accelerated renderer, even in PhoneGap, just like the Visual Studio-built apps.

• I talked to the phonegap folks a bit and they have plans for acceleration going forward but nothing yet outside the platform default. I would also be very interested in seeing if anyone has any metrics around it in real world performance...

• Ashley I haven't been able to try it yet because I don't have a Windows Phone 8 devise to test on. I'm still shopping for a deal on a unlocked one here in the US.

But I have been in contact with Lorin Beer. Lorin is a Computer Scientist at Adobe, and is also the creator and primary developer of the Pender project.

Lorin was nice enough to join our community, and let us know about the Pender project. From the looks of it Pender will be targeting iOS, Android, WP7/8 and BB.

Here is the post:

http://www.scirra.com/forum/pender-android-for-phonegap-cordova_topic63245_post389854.html?KW=#389854

According to that post the pender git repo should be updated in the next couple of days with (working) build instructions. Form the current instructions it looks like it is baked right into the project file, and then can be used on PhoneGap Build. As you intended how we should use Construct 2 , and PhoneGap.

This might be something you want to keep your eye on. Maybe you could use it with C2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi?@Ashley, we've tried PhoneGap 2.5.0 for Windows Phone 8:

• HTML5 & Javascript Projects (Without Construct 2)

>> Works fine

• Construct 2 Projects (PhoneGap Export)

>> Loding ok, but crashes/freezes when you touch an object (Touched Object|Play Audio)

Await your response, thank you.

• I think you'd need to report issues like that to PhoneGap. Not sure there's anything we can do to fix it.

• Ashley

Thanks Ashley, we will contact PhoneGap for this issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)