Offset for pathfinding grid?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • The (relatively) new path-finding behaviour is great, but I had one small request:

Ashley : Would it be possible to add offset values for the positioning of the grid relative to the top and left of the layout?

In a game I'm working on my map is made up of a grid of fairly large square objects -- this means that I could set the cell size of the path-finding behaviour to the same size as those objects and get very accurate path-finding with good performance... except that thanks to the game's UI elements a grid set to the exact size of the objects doesn't match up with the position of said objects -- this could be fixed if I could specify that the grid should be offset from the top and left sides of the layout to compensate for the UI elements.

As a side-note the same thing would be useful for the "layout grid"'s "snap to grid" option.

• This is an issue in my game as well. Good suggestion.

• Any official response? Ashley?

• I'm having the same problem. Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

• Ashley

Offset for path-finding grid would be very helpful, especially for board games.

• +1 from me, i miss this feature very much, actually

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • after 2 years, still no update regarding this offset? damn I need solution so path finding could run only on specific region of layout because my game layout is kinda big

• Hello;

Can't the Regenerate Region action do this?

If you have an offset board area you could also underlay it with an object and use Regenerate Region Around Object.

yours

Winkr7

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)