NWjs Mac export size

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
220 Food Sprites in 16x16 pixel size. Perfect for items for a retro style game.
  • I am not a Mac user, but my friend just tested my game's Mac export on his machine and it works great. He was just complaining about long loading time, but apart of that the game itself works fine.

But what concerns me is that my game's Windows and Linux export takes about 150MB, but a Mac export takes 1.65GB! Is this normal? Are Mac exports so big? Or somethings is wrong on my side?

I'm using latest 0.13 NWjs version (v0.13.2) as every newer one gives me screen flickering issue.

• That's definitely wrong, you should take a look through the files and see what's taking up so much room.

• Alright that's a good news actually.

So It seems like C2 is building several versions with every export?

Each of those directories take about 160MB

• hm I have the same issue..

How to fix? Do I just delete the versions folder? or do I just delete the older versions in the versions folder?

• If I delete the versions folder, then the size is like half the size of my windows and linux builds.

If I just delete the versions with lower version numbers and leave the latest version, then the size is about 1/3rd larger than the windows and linux builds..

So idk.. I guess I'll just leave the latest version in the versions folder and delete the older versions. I can't test on mac, so I hope that is correct way to do it.

• Do you keep exporting to the same folder? You might need to delete it to empty every time before exporting - otherwise every time you update NW.js, it looks like it adds a new folder and leaves the old one behind.

• ah yea.. seems to have been due to previous nwjs versions sticking around after installing a new nwjs.

Removing the exported app folder and reexporting the app wouldn't solve it- I had to remove the nwjs folders and reinstall it first. Game also exported a lot quicker too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yup. After clearing NWjs folder and installing NWjs again it works fine. So it's needed to uninstall/delete old NWjs before installing new one to avoid this problem. It looks like Mac wrapper is simply not being overwrited.

• Yup. After clearing NWjs folder and installing NWjs again it works fine. So it's needed to uninstall/delete old NWjs before installing new one to avoid this problem. It looks like Mac wrapper is simply not being overwrited.

That's good to know.

• Oh jeez, that's a bit of a snafu. I'll check the installer cleans up the old folders properly!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)