Nodewebkit Memory Usage

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Memory game, with 10 levels for you to have fun. Made in Construct3, template available for purchase.
  • So i started a new project which uses in this current stage 500 mega (dont ask, it has a huge map, need to find a way to reduce the size without quality loss).

When i run the exe i noticed in task manager 3 .exe * 32 (windows 7 64 bits) with 2 of them having 512 ram usage each, in total 1024+, why it doubles the usage? I tried with a small game from 10 mega usage, it turned into 2 .exes with 20-24 each so it doubles the usages shown in the construct memory usage when building your project.

Is this right?

Thanks

• The task manager measurements are not necessarily accurate, and since Chromium is a multi-process browser engine I don't know if it's maybe counting the same allocation twice, so it's really making one allocation but listing it for two processes.

BTW 500mb memory usage for images is so extraordinarily high, many low and mid range desktops and laptops will be unable to run the game, because they don't have enough VRAM!

• The task manager measurements are not necessarily accurate, and since Chromium is a multi-process browser engine I don't know if it's maybe counting the same allocation twice, so it's really making one allocation but listing it for two processes.

BTW 500mb memory usage for images is so extraordinarily high, many low and mid range desktops and laptops will be unable to run the game, because they don't have enough VRAM!

Thanks for the quick response Ashley.

As for memory usage i have a huge world map 12000x8900. I will split the map in 2048x2048 pieces and see what i can do from there.

• That is exactly the wrong way to design games. See Remember not to waste your memory

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That is exactly the wrong way to design games. See Remember not to waste your memory

Yes Ashely, i am aware and thanks for that helpfull post. At the moment this in the stage of prototype, it wont be the same in alpha, just playing with the sizes and slices. Since its a world map, ill probably do a tiled background and continents as independent objects place on top of this tilebg. At the same time for extra detail, i could add some shapes to mimic the water levels. If i hit a wall on memory ill read more on the forums/sc blogs.

Thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)