node-webkit game+savegames?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
  • Hi everybody

any chance to export a game with savegames using the node-webkit tool?

thank you in advance

• Hi everybody

any chance to export a game with savegames using the node-webkit tool?

thank you in advance

What do you mean? I thought you can savegame in NK?

• Yes, loading and saving with node-webkit.

I'm testing the prototype on some different PCs but the result is the same:

My game has one savegame (keeping the player status, the hiscore and the game stats) that loads on startup. When I export the project with node-webkit the game doesn't start (it freezes on the load page). If I export the game without the save/load actions, it works properly.

Any solution?

• Yes, loading and saving with node-webkit.

I'm testing the prototype on some different PCs but the result is the same:

My game has one savegame (keeping the player status, the hiscore and the game stats) that loads on startup. When I export the project with node-webkit the game doesn't start (it freezes on the load page). If I export the game without the save/load actions, it works properly.

Any solution?

Don't know. Sorry :/

• How are you implementing saving and loading?

Never had any issue with node-webkit and save/load using System actions or webstorage or any others

• SImply using system actions. The problem does not appear on my PC but only when I try to open the exported gamefile on different PCs with windows 7.

• You are probably on start of the layout try to load a game state that doesn't exist. That would explained why it works only on your pc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • how can I make sure that a game state exists in the exported file?

I am pretty sure that the game is saved because it keeps the global variables after a restart and the load action.

• You are probably on start of the layout try to load a game state that doesn't exist. That would explained why it works only on your pc.

you were right, I checked this morning. the problem is solved by adding the "onloadfailed" action on the startup. after the first start it works properly. thank you!

• Good to know.

Also if you want to get someones attention use befor nick like shinkan because I completely missed your last question.

But I'm glad you sorted it out yourself.

• shinkan

ok, many thanks for your support

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)