Node Web-Kit framedrops on full-screen

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Node Downloader is a plugin for download file for Construct 3 and construct 2 game engine
  • Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is a bug. If it is, I appologize for posting this topic in 'General'.

On every Construct 2 project I test/export, the Node Web-kit has a lot of frame drops (stuttering) and freezing when it's switched to fullscreen.

I don´t know if this is exclusive to me, or that it´s a common problem.

It never happens when I'm running the projects in Google Chrome or windowed on Node Webkit.

I'd like to know if this is being worked on.

Thanks

(I'm using Windows 7 proffesional - 16GB RAM - NVidia GTX770 - i4770k - Construct 2 (178))

• I have the same problem.

• I have the same problem while add effects like Subtract ...

• This might be an integrated graphics driver issue. I'm running W8.1 and the default setting on my laptop was for the crugx@p integrated Intel driver to run apps like Chrome, Firefox etc. So I had to dive into the NVidia control panel and change this to the 'high performance nvidia processor'. Then my browser performance increased by an order of magnitude... but I am not sure how to change this setting for nw.exe - so it look like nw is stuck with integrated graphics and less performance by default... Someone else might know how to manage this, though - just my 2 cents.

• Yes, I have thought of that too, but it doesn't affect NW on my machine.

I really want to target desktop-users and I don't want to switch.

I know how to work with Game Maker and GML, but it's not as fast to get things done.

I have also considered switching to Unity, but I keep getting back to Construct 2, because it's just so easy and fast to get things done.

Especially for a one-man studio (Someone who does everything from graphics and animation to music and soundeffects, which will already eat up your time )

• Have you tried the latest beta? Node-webkit in r178 has a bug where it regularly freezes, which was fixed in a later update.

• I'll try that out, is it stable enough to work with, or should I wait till the next stable release?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We're due a stable release in the next week or two, so you could just wait.

• Great, I'll download that when it comes out and see if it fixes the problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)